Package Require AES

Hello,
I’m using TCL-TK on W10 and Linux (Bodhi distribution) . In W10 all TCL applications works, but the same application on linux does not work. The pb on linux is “can’t find package aes”.
But the aes package is in path “/opt/ActiveTcl-8.6/lib/tcllib1.18”.
Help me.

Do other packages load correctly? If you can start an interactive Tcl shell (tclsh, wish, tkcon), type the command set tcl_library; if ActiveTcl is properly installed at “/opt/ActiveTcl-8.6”, the value should be /opt/ActiveTcl-8.6/lib/tcllib1.8; if it’s something else, there may have been a basic Tcl installation with the distro and you’re getting the interpreter from the stock “Bodhi” installation. Another command to try (from the bash shell) would be which tclsh (or whatever interpreter you’re program starts with).

I have not used Bodhi Linux, so I cannot try it myself on that platform, but I did experience similar things on Ubuntu when I didn’t use the “alternatives” commands correctly to let it know that I wanted to use a “side loaded” Tcl installation.

1 Like

Thank for you quick response, effectively : the command set tcl_library return : /usr/share/tcltk/tcl8.6 …
Bodhi is light release of ubuntu. If you know, how to change tcl_library path ? regards

ActiveTcl on Linux is self contained. It sounds like you don’t have ActiveTcl on your PATH, and what you’re getting instead is the Tcl provided by the Linux distro.

You may have missed a step in the installation guide:
https://docs.activestate.com/activetcl/8.6/get/linux/

Hello, after reinstall Bodhi-linux (it’s light realease of Ubuntu) and install first ActiveTCL my application start correctly. Thanks for your reply