Installation of ActivePerl 5.34.0 on Windows Server 2019 failed

I am not certain of the terms used here. The Server 2019 computer is named ASFT-Swedav2. The administrative user account I am logged on to the computer as is called ASFTadmin. According to your web page is the project named mats-olov/Perl-5.34.0-Windows. I have added an additional project byu building Perl 5.34.0 along with all selectable packages for Windows 7 which my own development computer is running in addition to the Windows 10 compiled project I am attempting to install on the Server 2019 computer. The funny thing is that the download and install link is exactly the same for the Windows 10 package as for the Windows 7 package. That can’t be right?

The command interpreter cmd.exe is stored as 64-bit executable in C:\Windows\System32 and as a 32-bit executable in C:\Windows\SysWOW64. Neither of these directories are present in system environment variable PATH nor in the ASFTadmin user environment variabel PATH. I have seen the error message cmd.exe launch failed in the output you have asked me for. Does the state tool have to be able to start the command interpreter from some directory in the command search path?

Please notify me if there are other things you want me to try.

With regards,
/m-o r
Another difference between my computer and the server computer is where the executable cmd.exe is stored. On the Server 2019 computer is there a cmd.exe in C:\Windows\System32 and another cmd.exe in C:\Windows\SysWOW64. Neither C:\Windows\System32 nor C:\Windows\SysWOW64 are included in neither the user nor the system environment variable PATH.

Thank you for sharing. Excellent post…! It is a very great idea and unique content. Thank you so much. Sinkoth :slight_smile:

Hi @mats-olov

Thanks for your patience in this matter. I’ve reviewed the thread and I think you are very close as it looks like the state tool is installed correctly, it is just referencing the project on the ActiveState platform that is leading to confusion.

Based on @flukeout original reply you are trying to access: ActiveState

Then you are correct in your last reply that:
state activate mats-olov/Perl-5.34.0-Windows is the correct command to download and active the project you are after.

Note: You should also only state activate in a directory that your current user access can write to as the State Tool will create a folder as well as a activestate.yaml file.

Also it is worthwhile to validate that your firewall settings allow access to our Platform see: