DBD-Pg does not work on Windows Perl 5.32

I have an issue with DBD-Pg
It installs but the call to utilize it does not work.
use DBD::Pg;

returns:
Can’t load ‘C:/Users/asus/AppData/Local/ActiveState/cache/00ad50ac/site/lib/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.dll’ for module DBD::Pg: load_file:The specified module could not be found at C:/Users/asus/AppData/Local/ActiveState/cache/00ad50ac/lib/ DynaLoader.pm line 193 .
at AlarmReport.plw line 16.
Compilation failed in require at AlarmReport.plw line 16.
BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at AlarmReport.plw line 16.

It looks like some sort of dll issue.
Thank you for any help.

@rsenright,

I took a look at your project, and I was able to activate it and use DBD::Pg without a problem. The site/lib/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.dll file was delivered as expected.

Does C:/Users/asus/AppData/Local/ActiveState/cache/00ad50ac/site/lib/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.dll exist on your system?

Do you happen to have any perl related environment variables that you’ve manually set that may be interfering?

Greg

Yeah I have the PG.dll and it is only 243kb. The install appears to work fine but when you reference to use the library in an Perl scripts it fails.

If you make a basic script and just define to use the DBD Pg I think you will see it give the error when you execute the script.

Thank you for trying this and your help!

C:\Users\Gregory Boyce>state activate rsenright/perl
█ Creating a Virtual Environment for your Project's Packages

✔ Project "rsenright/perl" Has Been Activated
Quick Start
───────────
• To add a package to your runtime, type "state install <package name>"
• Learn more about how to use the State Tool, type "state learn"

[rsenright/perl] C:\Users\Gregory Boyce\perl>type test.pl

[rsenright/perl] C:\Users\Gregory Boyce\perl>perl test.pl

[rsenright/perl] C:\Users\Gregory Boyce\perl>

It appears to work on my side. If you deactivate, clean the cache and reactivate, do you get hte same behavior?

state clean cache rsenright/perl

Ok I have to research how to deactivate.

Well I tried this and after a few attempts and a reboot I can get it not to complain on DBD:Pg however when I copy this over to a machine that is not on the internet I have this problems again.

Do you know why that would be? Both are Win 10 64-bit machines.

Thanks for any help ‘gboyce’ you have been very helpful!

“state activate” is designed for online systems, and sets various environment variables needed for the runtime to work as expected. You may have better luck using “state deploy” for your use case.

https://docs.activestate.com/platform/state/commands/

I would suggest reviewing our pricing terms as well to see how your use case fits in with them.