Dynaloader Error loading DBD-mysql

Excerpt from Apache error log

install_driver(mysql) failed: Can’t load ‘C:/Users/flbaker/AppData/Local/ActiveState/cache/a5e10557/site/lib/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.dll’ for module DBD::mysql: load_file:The specified module could not be found at C:/Users/flbaker/AppData/Local/ActiveState/cache/a5e10557/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 206.\r:

The file exists. Looking at the Dynaloader code at line 206 it appears to be unable to deal with the “auto” directory.

Context is: Apache 2.4, Maria DB, and ActiveState Perl running on Windows 10.

This error has been reported a lot, but without a solution. Please help resolve this critically important issue.

Fraser Baker

That looks like you installed with “state activate”.

“activate” gives a virtual runtime for one user, and does not provide a runtime that can be used by third party software like Apache.

Try using the other method for installing with the State Tool.

What is this “other method” you’re referring to? The only thing I see in the documentation is to use state activate. I’m having the same issue as the OP, with it referencing a Perl installation in my User directory like the OP also. Not liking this new platform, it’s not working well for me.

Recent versions of the State Tool are using “state checkout” as the engine underneath deploy and activate. You can also run checkout directly.

For the MySQL issue, there is a workaround, or you can wait until the real fix goes live soon.
The workaround is to add the Perl usr/lib folder to the path between the perl usr/bin and bin folders.