I have installed ActiveState-Perl-5.36.0 and I need to install the DBD-mysql, so I tried
state install DBD-mysql, but go following reply
C:>state install DBD-mysql
█ Installing Package
Operating on project ActiveState-Projects/ActiveState-Perl-5.36.0, located at C:\ActiveState-Perl-5.36.0.
• Searching for DBD-mysql in the ActiveState Catalog Found
• Creating commit Done
Changes to your runtime may require some dependencies to be rebuilt.
Setting Up Runtime
Resolving Dependencies Done
Something Went Wrong
x Could not install dependencies
x Build Failed: Recipe build failed: 1 build step failed
I did find a post for older Perl versions, but these topics date from 2020.
Can you assist, please?
When you get a message like this from the client side, the best thing to do is to log onto the server, and attempt to add the package/module you want from the UI. You’ll get more feedback, and you’ll also be able to see if (and when) the rebuild succeeds so that you know when it will be possible for the State Tool client to find a working build of the module to download from your project.
The UI will also allow you to specify the version of DBD-MySQL you want, whereas the command you used did not designate a version. That may well be all that you really need to do, but the UI will make that quite a bit easier as you can see which versions are available.
I tried that, but when I add try to add the mysql, it indicates
which is strange, because the DBI module is installed fully.
I went and added it using the web UI (https://platform.activestate.com/) ActiveState
Or were you saying the build worked but it failed to install DB-mysql on your local system?
If it’s locally I have placed a internal ticket in related to some people on windows having issues running that locally and this should get updated when they are able to look into that issue.
I also tried to create it via the WebInterface.
I created a project using the latest Perl and as a (single) module, I tried to install DB::mysql. It failed to build due to the dependency on curl.
Reason why I need perl: we are using Bugzilla and the installation of the latest version of Bugzilla refers to ActiveState or Strawberry to install perl.
I’m sorry to state that after having all these issues with ActiveState, I tried out the Strawberry install last Friday.
Bugzilla has a perl script named ‘checksetup.pl’ that checks if all libraries are installed and if the database is configured correctly, …
In Active state, I had to install several additional libraries. Which yielded to the issue related to the DB::MySQL library
With Strawberry, it appears all the required libraries are installed AND the MySQL library is already part of the installation (well: all DB’s are there).
So for now, we are going to continue testing with Strawberry perl.
I am glad you found a work around with Strawberry Perl. As a heads up to anyone who finds this post - Hello! If you are trying to run Bigzilla, we have pre-configured a Bugzilla project to use PostgresSQL (because MySQL is GPL) you can grab it here: ActiveState or ActiveState please note you will need to tell bugzilla to use PostgresSQL 3.2. Linux — Bugzilla 5.0.6 documentation