Tk module problem

Hi everyone,
I am new to the activestate plaform. I have created 2 projects 5.38 and 5.40 and added the libraries. somehow i am unable to add Tk package. I am also could not able to add the package using state install Tk. i get this error

• Searching for Tk in the ActiveState Catalog :heavy_check_mark: Found
• Creating commit :heavy_check_mark: Done
• Resolving Dependencies x Failed
x Could not plan build, platform responded with:
Failed to create build plan
Found unsatisfied dependency: Ingredient|language|perl (5.38.2) depends on
Feature|builder|perl-core-builder (>=0)

█ Need More Help?
• Run → ‘state install --help’ for general help.
• Ask For Help → State Tool - ActiveState Community.

i would really appreciate the help.

All your projects appear to be windows. as per this thread - https://community.activestate.com/t/state-install-tk-anyone-have-any-luck-on-windows-10/ at this time TK does not work on windows and we recommend trying TKX instead.

This has been fixed since those threads → @shiraz-shah → can you please provide a link to your projects so we can triage these failures?

Hi Marcg,
my test project is this one. https://platform.activestate.com/shiraz-shah/Perl538Test
i can not able to search tk on platform either. I’d appreciate the help.
Thanks

Okay - I see - Let me see what we can do.

@shiraz-shah → I have added a band-aide to your build - please try adding Tk now.

Hang - on - still a bit more here.

Okay - Now it should work.

@shiraz-shah - I have added Tk to your project - and it has completed.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention - the permanent fix should be on the platform later today.

Hi Marcg,
thanks for the help. but now when i see the project it asks to check for updates. and once i click on it, it gives me this error.

i have renamed the project and added some more packages. so after the rename ActiveState

Hi Marcg,
one more thing i needed to ask as i could not find these packages to install as well.

Thanks

Hey @shiraz-shah,

First - The error you were getting was due to the fix not being platform wide, that is resolved - you should be able to make future commits.

Second - Bwidget and tooltip, are Tcl modules. You can do a Tcl language build with these modules, but it does not yet integrate with our Perl builds. We are working on this sort of integration, but it might not be available until next year.

To add to what @marcg said:

The PerlTk module is not TclTk, and you can’t use TclTk modules with it. PerlTk is a re-implementation of TclTk written in C for Perl using Perl-ish syntax structures. Even the documentation for TclTk will not be usable with PerlTk.

PerlTk has it’s own ecosystem of submodules in the Tk-* namespace on CPAN. Many exist in order to mirror the modules of the TclTk ecosystem. You might find there is something like Bwidget and something like tooltip.

Tkx is different again. This implementation is a thin wrapper written in Perl that used TclTk as a library. Commands are Tcl-like, but have a Perl call to reach them via the wrapper. Using a TclTk module with Tkx isn’t a matter of just dropping it in. The TclTk module has be to compiled as part of the Perl distribution, which it won’t normally do because The Platform knows it is TclTk and is not Perl.