Build Error: Tcl-pTk 1.08 for Perl 5.28.1 on Windows

Looking for help with this package that is failing to build in my project.

Runtime Details

• ActiveState
  • Language - perl 5.28.1
  • Platform - Windows

Failing Packages

• Tcl-pTk 1.08

I don’t see this module being workable for a while, since it will almost certainly be pulling in the entire Tcl/Tk language source code as a dependency for a Perl build.

There are three well established alternatives. PerlTk, Tkx, and just writing the code in embedded Tcl/Tk.

I am curious about the use case you have in mind though. At a quick read, Tcl-pTk seems like a way to access some features from Tcl/Tk that are not provided in the PerlTk re-implementation, without having to give up the PerlTk language as you would have to do if you used Tkx or Tcl/Tk. Is that the object?

Sorry, I’m lost in this * tk. I already have a well-developed project written using Tcl :: Tk. When I tried to use Tcl :: Tk from Activestate (AS), I got an error that the AS version of Tcl :: Tk is incompatible with the AS version of Tcl. Tcl is too old. I opened a request and was advised to use Tcl :: pTk instead of Tcl :: Tk.
At the moment I have manually installed fresh Tcl :: Tk from CPAN and it works. But I would rather prefer to have a single solid AS build of everything I need.