Perlscript in classic ASP on Windows Server 2016, IIS10

Hello!
I’m also supporting a legacy app, and this info helped me troubleshoot a system failure after our server team upgraded to WS2016. However, we had to have them stand the old server back up since PerlScript in ASP is no longer supported.

What is the recommended way to migrate to the new way of doing things without having to rewrite the entire application?

I assume the problem is focused around the PerlScript code inside the .asp file. Is that entire concept deprecated? Or has the style just changed?

Since I need to get this done ASAP, I’m going to start off down the path of converting it to a standard perl script (from index.asp to index.pl) and change the index.asp to redirect (or iframe) to index.pl. The more I think about it, this might actually be the best stop-gap solution.

Rewriting this legacy app is already on our team roadmap, and we’re expecting to start in a couple of months, so I don’t want to spend too much effort patching this legacy version.

Thanks for your help

PS. This is the only post that I found that actually addressed this issue. This is such a niche design choice (perlscript in asp) that the results were sparse, and the other posts were years old. If this post is found by more people, the recommended fix (not reverting to end-of-life products) would be helpful to have in this thread.