Can't uninstall ActivePerl 5.32

I installed ActivePerl 5.32 on my Windows 10 PC, and I don’t see any way to uninstall it. There’s nothing in the control panel to uninstall, and the Start menu items don’t include an uninstall item. I tried re-installing with -f but that didn’t help. I tried running the command ‘state clean uninstall’ but that doesn’t uninstall the product. How can I uninstall the product?

It’s not installed. It’s “Activated”, and that means the installed programs registry entries know nothing about it.

An “activated” or “activated default” project is a virtual environment (in your AppData folder), so it’s easy to delete manually without impacting anyone else on the system.

The “state clean” command can be used to clean up activated projects unless you “deployed” them. Deployed projects are neither “Installed” in the traditional sense, nor activated in the usual sense because they are detached.
\Command Reference :: ActiveState Platform Documentation

The “state clean uninstall” will have also removed the State Tool, so naturally it won’t be useful for any further removals. At this point, you’re probably best off to manually delete the Perl folder and use RegEdit to clean up any registry entries. (Discussion here, for similar case with installed Python)

1 Like

“state clean uninstall” does not remove the state command or anything else as indicated by the message.

PS C:\Windows\system32> state --version ActiveState CLI by ActiveState Software Inc. License BSD 3 Version 0.28.2-SHAbdac00e Revision bdac00ecb11f14510820d58651e9bc85eb4d3741 Branch release Built Mon May 10 2021 23:02:42 +0000 GMT

I can’t believe there’s no simple way to remove all the files that were installed. Help!

Please fix the ActivePerl 5.32 page at ActivePerl 5.32 Documentation which says you can uninstall with the ActivePerl-<version>.exe command. This command does not appear to exist.

No, it doesn’t. The whole “Setup Wizard” section is boiler-plate from older versions that doesn’t apply to 5.32 or 5.34 right now. There are no downloadable installers for 5.32 yet, so you can’t run them again to use the “remove” option from the installer.

To remove a build installed by the State Tool, use the “state clean” command to remove cached instances.
https://docs.activestate.com/platform/state/commands/#state-clean-cache

That doesn’t get rid of all the files that ActiveState Perl creates on your computer including regedit changes, Startup changes, environment variables changes like Path, etc. How do you get back to the same condition before ActiveState Perl was installed?

I want it to all files to be removed too, please answer