Build Error: Rakudo-Star 2012.08002 for Perl 5.28.1 on Windows

Looking for help with this package that is failing to build in my project.

Runtime Details

Failing Packages

• Rakudo-Star 2012.08002

Reasons

• Build failures: module Rakudo-Star

HI there, Unfortunately Rakudo-Star - it is an ingredient that is currently not supported on the platform. Try to remove it from the build and test if that works. Let us know if you need further assistance. Regards.

1 Like

I looked for a way to remove it. How do I go about that?

Thanks,
pm111

I just want to download a standard setup. I included win:serial which I want, but Iā€™m used to just downloading a standard distribution and then cpan ing the additional stuff I want. Isnā€™t there a way to do that?

Well, I am stuck.

I donā€™t see any way to remove it. It only gives version change ability of which there is only one. I have no way to no what other packages may require it.

Why is this package thatā€™s not supported even allowed in there. A search shows someone else having the problem on 5.26.

I found a search link to just get binaries. Donā€™t know why that was so hard.
case closed

HI Pm111, this is a known issue and the Activestate team is working on a fix.

I am also having this issue and cannot continue the build process.

Hey there ā€“ you can actually easily fix this by forcing your project to rebuild using the latest data. We can bump your project for convenience, but you can also just add and remove a package, or toggle a platform, and then commit that change. So add a package, commit that, and then remove it. That should reset your ā€˜timestampā€™ and force the project to use the latest data available.

Thank you for the response. The module causing the error cannot be removed ā€“ even after a commit. Selecting the module in the dependencies list also produces an error. For now, we are still testing the install build and making sure everything works with our current applications; then I will create a custom build with only those modules required.

To solve this issue temporarily, I forked the base build and simply added my modules.

image001.jpg

Rakudo-Star is getting pulled into your build by PPM-Repositories. You need to remove PPM-Repositories. ActivePerl-PPM and PPM-Repositories are incompatible with 5.28, and with being built on The Platform.

Select the trash can icon beside PPM-Repositories, remove it, and Commit the change.

That will clear up the initial problem. In the meantime we have some new issues with other common Perl modules, so watch this post and remove PPM-Repositories after we have determined why the other modules are failing.