ActivePython3.8 (on Win10) Install keeps bombing out

Nubee here…

I’m trying to install the Python3.8 package (with the tutorial project) I seemingly successfully built at the ActiveState website… this produced for me a .msi install package… It runs till the end… then bombs out reporting “There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.”

(I had the same problem and received the same error msg when attempting to install Python 3.6.2 before this one.)

I suspected that my running Komodo IDE might be a problem… so I stopped that exe and retried the install - failed again with the same error msg.

Ideas?

Just noticed an earlier 20/08 post recommending the installation of 6 additional packages… I’m giving that a try now…

1 Like

Hey @goodbot - let us know how it goes with the installer, another option would be to install the runtime via the command line. The instructions for that are below the downloadable installer, and look like this…

Hi @flukeout: That earlier (2nd) post of mine above worked - that is… I found this earlier post suggesting to add-in 6 additional packages that aren’t included within the standard build set… I did this… rebuilt… and the process worked… the new build concluded successfully…

As a newbee to the AS ecosystem… I’m still working on trying to figure out how all the parts connect… I’m not there yet… doing a lot of reading… playing around at the CLI and in Komodo… hopefully getting closer to my “A-Ha!! THAT’s how it all works!!” lightbulb moment…

Thanks for your help…

@goodbot Sounds good - if you run into issues or have questions, just post them here in the forums as new topics. We check the forums daily so you’ll hear from someone for sure.