Win32API-Resources version 0.06 in Perl Build runtime

Hi there,

I started a Perl Build by selecting various Perl CPAN APIs, in which I chose Win32API-Resources version 0.06.

This API has so far taken 44 Hours and all my BUILD runtime is stuck on this Perl API for the last 2 days and I don’t know how much time it will take more. Shall I abort the BUILD runtime process? How much time it will consume more? I need this API in my Perl Build for downloading. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @programmingzeal,

Thanks for the note!

What’s the project link?

Cheers!
–zak

@zakg , The link is https://platform.activestate.com/programmingzeal/BondParser

Thanks! So for anyone else looking, here’s the error involved:

Reason: The build encountered an unexpected error. Please consult the build log for more details.

• Build failures: module Win32API-Const, module PerlMagick, ModulesAndLibs
  • Multiple top level files in C:\Temp/distfiles/CPAN/platform-sources/data-acquisition/a445654e8b8cdbbea97150fb5224a719b90d599e5118ba70817e4f54a3331ec6/Win32API-Resources-0.06.tar.gz: Resources.html Resources.pm at C:/build/camel/lib/ActiveState/Build/Utils.pm line 347, <$fh> line 9.

… and it’s a new one to me. I’ll ask our community build engineer to take a look at it.

Cheers!
–zak

@programmingzeal Also, just to be clear, when did the error show up. Was it showing a status of building for those 44 hours or …? Did you get an email notification about the build failing?

@zakg , Thanks for the help. The two errors are of different APIs that were failed earlier but the process of building did not halt and it continued to build other APIs. But when the process reached Win32 API its still there and it hasn’t failed. It just keep saying it being build. Look at the snap now:

I has attempted 102 APIs and 378 are yet to be build. See the Win32 API status now.

Thanks for your messages. Please resolve it. Also if this build is succeeded with all 480 packages installed then will I be able to download it. If in future more APIs are required then do I have to address new APIs along with these 480 again?

@zakg

@zakg

Hi @programmingzeal,

I imagine that it may be difficult to get a project with so many packages to build successfully, as not all of the modules needed may be compatible. Is there anything you can remove?

I’d suggest using Perl 5.32.x if possible (as it uses the latest version of our build software and is easiest to debug.) For example, when I started building a Perl 5.32 version of your project, I could see that Cache failed with an error message of OS unsupported.

As for adding other modules in the future, you should be able to add them one at a time, as needed.

Cheers!
–zak

Dear Zakg,

Thanks for your response. Regarding your suggestion, from where can I download the Perl 5.32.x installer. Any help or link to resource website would be appreciated.

Regards,

ProgrammingZeal

Hi @programmingzeal!

It’s just the normal process on the Platform for creating a runtime.

Here’s a quick video to show what I mean.

Cheers!
–zak