Unable to load Win32: Process module

Hitting below error after installing the PERL 5.28.1 build with Win32-Process module and ReadKey module.
Any advice or guidance how to resolve this?
Thanks.

Can’t locate Win32/Process.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Win32::Process module) (

rl D:/UPF/Platform1/Switch/install/4.2.2-0/lib/perl C:/Perl64/site/lib C:/Perl64/lib) at D:

line 66.

BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at D:/UPF/Platform1/Switch/install/4.2.2-0/lib/perl/Distr

Compilation failed in require at D:/UPF/Platform1/Switch/install/4.2.2-0/lib/perl/Distra/Sw

BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at D:/UPF/Platform1/Switch/install/4.2.2-0/lib/perl/Distr

Compilation failed in require at D:/UPF/Platform1/Switch/install/4.2.2-0/lib/perl/Distra/Sw

Compilation failed in require at D:\UPF\Platform1\Switch\bin\switchctl.pl line 49.

BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at D:\UPF\Platform1\Switch\bin\switchctl.pl line 49.

Hi @behbeh69,

Thanks for writing! What steps did you take before this? From the paths in the error report, it looks like you’re working with another version of Perl and not the version from the ActiveState Platform.

How did you install your Perl-5.28.1-Windows-Server2012 build? Via the MSI or via the state tool?

Cheers!
–zak

Hi Zak,

I was installing defaulted version of PERL 5.28.1. However the application required WIN32-Process module and ReadKey module, hence I’m requesting a new built package and installing new 5.28.1 via MSI.

Attached doc with screenshots on how I requested for the build package.

image002.jpg

(Attachment Build Package Win32-Process & Readkey.docx is missing)

Hi @behbeh69 ,

There’s no screenshot, but perhaps it was a permissions issue. I’ve increased your permissions - can you to try again?

Cheers!
–zak

This is how I request for build package and my installation steps.

image002.jpg

(Attachment Build Package Win32-Process & Readkey.docx is missing)

(Attachment PERL with 2 modules installation steps.docx is missing)

Hi @behbeh69 – I’m sorry, but I still don’t see any screenshots. Is there any error when you try to attach them?

Hi Zak,

There is no error. Not sure if it is blocked by monitoring tools.

Anyway I had re-attached in zip format.

image002.jpg

(Attachment screenshots.zip is missing)

Only JPG PNG, let me draft the mail again…

Unfortunately some attachments in your email message to [“activestateplatform+ea2c4ec8a4a211b95bf20682972e4d09@discoursemail.com”] (titled RE: [ActiveState Community] [Perl] Unable to load Win32: Process module) were rejected.

Details:
screenshots.zip: Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, heic, heif, webp).

image002.jpg

Hi Zak,

This is how I requested the build to include win32-process module and readkey module.

The next email will share my installation steps.

Thank you.

image006.png

image007.png

image002.jpg

image001.png

image002.png

image004.png

image008.png

Already uninstalled:
image014.png

Delete C:\Perl64 directory and click OK to continue the installation.

image016.png

image018.png

image021.png

image022.png

Installation completed:

REBOOT SERVER

D:/UPF/Platform1/Switch/install/4.2.2-0/lib/perl
Looks like it’s injected into your @INC array.
The most likely way that can happen is if third-party software has set Global environment variables that we can’t see from your ACIUser ID.
PERL5LIB or PERLLIB , if set, would operate on @INC to place another value ahead of the load paths picked up from the “Path” environment variable.

Hi ActiveState Support,

Was wondering is that possible for me to get the MSI installer instead of using this state tool?
Because I cannot install using the below command.

This is my build link for installation:
powershell -Command “& $([scriptblock]::Create((New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadString(‘https://platform.activestate.com/dl/cli/pdli01/install.ps1’))) -activate-default behbeh69/Perl-5.28.1-Windows-Server2012”

Execution error in server:
C:\Windows\system32>powershell -Command “& $([scriptblock]::Create((New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadString(‘https://platform.activestate.com/dl/cli/pdli01/install.ps1’))) -activate-default
behbeh69/Perl-5.28.1-Windows-Server2012”

Exception calling “DownloadString” with “1” argument(s): “The remote name could not be resolved: ‘platform.activestate.com’”
At line:1 char:5

• & $([scriptblock]::Create((New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadString(’ …
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:slight_smile: , MethodInvocationException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebException

The expression after ‘&’ in a pipeline element produced an object that was not valid. It must result in a command name, a script block, or a CommandInfo object.
At line:1 char:3

• & $([scriptblock]::Create((New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadString(’ …
  • + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [], RuntimeException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : BadExpression

MSI installers for older products are available on paid tiers that allow for Unlimited use.

Noted with thanks. Appreciated.