TCL project using Iwidgets and dbase3 database

I am trying a little project at home to manipulate a dbase3 database. I am also trying to use Iwidgets, and I am not able to get both to play together in the same environment. I have an old (32 bit installation) of ActiveTcl that loads the dbf package and works, but refuses to play with IWidgets. I have a more recent ActiveTcl installation (64 bit) that work fine with Iwidgets, but won’t load the dbf package.

I would appreciate pointers to how I can set up an environment that works with both.

Did you try the final roll up version of 8.5? The current 8.6 builds won’t include any way to add dbf. The older 8.5 is the only legacy-style ActiveTcl that’s still available on the site. The Linux build is a hybrid-half modern style, which doesn’t support TEA, unfortunately, but the Windows builds and the OS X build (assuming you still have 10.9.x) might be what you need.

1 Like

Thank you. I installed 8.5 (x86), installed IWidgets with teacup and manually reinstalled the dbf package, and now both are playing nicely together.

1 Like