TCL project using Iwidgets and dbase3 database

I am trying a little project at home to manipulate a dbase3 database. I am also trying to use Iwidgets, and I am not able to get both to play together in the same environment. I have an old (32 bit installation) of ActiveTcl that loads the dbf package and works, but refuses to play with IWidgets. I have a more recent ActiveTcl installation (64 bit) that work fine with Iwidgets, but won’t load the dbf package.

I would appreciate pointers to how I can set up an environment that works with both.

1 Like

Did you try the final roll up version of 8.5? The current 8.6 builds won’t include any way to add dbf. The older 8.5 is the only legacy-style ActiveTcl that’s still available on the site. The Linux build is a hybrid-half modern style, which doesn’t support TEA, unfortunately, but the Windows builds and the OS X build (assuming you still have 10.9.x) might be what you need.

1 Like

Thank you. I installed 8.5 (x86), installed IWidgets with teacup and manually reinstalled the dbf package, and now both are playing nicely together.

1 Like