Perl win32 library no longer available?

The 5.26 and later builds are missing the full win32 OLE library. What’s the easiest way to get this for 5.28 version? I need to do like the following:

use Win32::OLE(‘in’);
my $objWMIService = Win32::OLE->GetObject(“winmgmts:\\$computer\root\CIMV2”) or die “WMI connection failed. [monitor.pl $computer]\n”;
foreach my $objItem (in $colItems) {
$ContextSwitchesPersec = $objItem->{ContextSwitchesPersec};
$FileReadBytesPersec = $objItem->{FileReadBytesPersec};
}

Thank you for your feedback! The team will look into it and advise accordingly! Appreciate your patience!

Win32::OLE is not included in the Featured Projects for 5.26 or 5.28 but it is available to add.

Either fork the Featured Project and alter the Configuration, or start a custom build from scratch, and pick Win32-OLE from the “Add Modules” list. There’s a post earlier in the forums that goes over the process.

When I try to add a package, and search for anything “win32” OLE is not one of the packages. The best guess is bundle-libwin32 and I add that package, BUILD and it says “In Progress” but no packages get built and it errors out. Suggestions?

Correction…something just started happening…

Well, after 30 or so modules failed to build, the build process crapped-out. It was 278 packages built out of 304. Where do we go from here?

Remove ActivePerl-PPM and PPM-Repositories from your list. They are incompatible with The Platform, and will not work with any build created on The Platform.

Our Case matching algorithm is being worked on. For Win32-OLE, it will not match win32-ole, or Win32-ole, or anything except an exact match including case. That’s not what we want, but that’s where it is right now.

What is the easiest way to get Perl for Windows, that includes the win32 package, OLE specifically. If I download the active-state build, win32/OLE is NOT part of the build. If I create my own project I get this god-forsaken “virtual environment” as a result. PLEASE HELP before I switch all of this to powershell.