Need a blog post/an article/a document how to compile Perl script to *.dll that can be used by .NET app

Hello everyone.

Could someone give a link of a blog post/an article/a document how to compile Perl script to *.dll that can be consumed by .NET application.

I have done a lot of Google searching and here is the closet resource that I found but it lack of code example/details information.

Thank you so much.

There used to be a tool for that task in our Perl Dev Kit. As far as I know, no other products ever existed that do the job, and the Perl Dev Kit has been discontinued since 2016.

Technically, there is no way to compile Perl. Perl isn’t a compiled language. The Perl Dev Kit created a self-extracting virtual file system inside a file, and pretended that was compiling. To make a fake dll, it then wrapped that inside another layer acceptable to .NET 2. It couldn’t talk to .NET 4 at all.

The whole notion of fake binaries no longer fools Windows, and it’s exactly the same behavior as a category of malware, so Perl wrapping tools that pretend to be compilers can’t be depended on.

If you want something you can use with .NET, write the code in C# and compile it with Visual Studio.

@ActiveState-Support, thank you so much. It is very good and details reply.
Now, I have all information that I need.
Thanks again.

Hello guys,
Since a few days i am getting an error message stating fix biddll-dll is missing while opening an app, I did download biddll-dll using the given link but can someone help me how to install it, It will be so nice if i could get rid of this issue.
Thanks in advance,
(Emily lee)