MSI or EXE isntaller not available for download after build

Here is the reply that I got from AS Support:

The “state activate” command in the cut and paste installation command will give a Python in a virtual env. No, Komodo won’t know about it, and neither will Windows. Virtual environments are intended to be insulated and self contained. Komodo would have to be inside the virtual environment too, and Windows will never know about it.
If you want to expose the Python to other applications or users, you can use a different deployment command.
state deploy
will give a runtime that’s more like the old MSI installers. What it won’t give you is an uninstaller, because state deploy disconnects the runtime from the State Tool and State Tool can’t manage it any longer.

So, apparently you can use “deploy” to install it, but you won’t be able to uninstall it… Like many here, I am completely lost on how to use this new tooling, and I don’t have the time to figure it out. I will likely move on from using Active State (which I started doing back in 2003 I think… it was a long time ago).

On the other hand, maybe somebody from AS Product teams is reading these forums and is realizing that products people can’t use don’t usually get adopted, and are fixing these issues. It should be easy.

Here is a link to my post and the AS response:

D

2 Likes