Debug with Komodo 12.0.1 PHP 7.3.27 WAMP 3.2.5 Apache 2.4.46 XDEBUG 3.0.4

Hello,

after 2 days and lots of cofee i get it working! Almost…

first i used before phpedit but it was dead since some years so i finally jump to komodo after read lot comparaison beetween phpstorm, visual studio, komodo…

and i like it, easy to use for first time good with CodeIgniter the framework i use actively

my environnement:
VMWare 15
->Windows 10 x64
–>Komodo 12.0.1
–>WAMP 3.2.5
—>Apache 2.4.46
---->PHP 7.3.27
----->XDEBUG 3.0.4 from xdebug.org (PHP 7.3 VC15 TS (64 bit))

so in komodo doc its writed: use version from komodo first problem it’s for PHP 7.2 the last one.

so i use official and this in php.ini:

[xdebug]
zend_extension="c:/wamp/bin/php/php7.3.27/zend_ext/php_xdebug-3.0.4-7.3-vc15-x86_64.dll"
xdebug.remote_enable = off
xdebug.profiler_enable = off
xdebug.profiler_enable_trigger = On
xdebug.profiler_output_name = cachegrind.out.%t.%p
xdebug.profiler_output_dir ="c:/wamp/tmp"
xdebug.show_local_vars=1
xdebug.log = C:\wamp\logs\xdebug.log
xdebug.remote_log = C:\wamp\logs\xdebug.remote.log 
;xdebug.mode = develop
xdebug.mode = debug
xdebug.start_with_request = trigger
xdebug.output_dir = "c:/wamp/tmp"
xdebug.remote_handler = komodo
xdebug.client_host = 127.0.0.1
xdebug.client_port = 9000

if i call webpage with ?XDEBUG_SESSION_START=komodo
and in code i put xdebug_break(); in php file
komodo stop on xdebug_break(); but ignore break point red in komodo

so if someone have idea for make break point running it will be great very very great since put xdebug_break(); in my code cant be the solution to use every day

thanks for read.

Hi AVDeveloppement,

Thanks for trying out Komodo. I’m not sure off-hand about the php breakpoints, @careyh any idea?

Cheers,

-JR

@AVDeveloppement, VERY sorry for the severally late reply. FYI, you should post Komodo questions here: https://community.komodoide.com/

Your issue sounds like the mapped URI settings: Komodo 11 Documentation

You’re likely setting the red dot breakpoint in your project file which is not the same file that Komodo gets from the debugger.

So a couple of notes:

• Once you have the debugger stopped in the file using xdebug_break(); you can set the red dot breakpoints in that same file and they should work.

• To have red dots work in your project files (the NOT read only version), you need to setup mapped URIs. Komodo should, or should have prompted you to set that up the first time the debugger started. I THINK it keeps asking in subsequent sessions too but it’s been a bit since I’ve used the remote debugger for a PHP project.

• Carey

1 Like