Can't import packages for Python

When I try to import packages for Python via the “Import package” dialog, the “Import” button would never change to be clickable, and also on the console, I can see those errors:

elmApp.js:4037 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘childNodes’)
at xr (elmApp.js:4037:27)
at xr (elmApp.js:4045:8)
at xr (elmApp.js:4031:10)
at vr (elmApp.js:3961:2)
at xr (elmApp.js:3977:4)
at xr (elmApp.js:4031:10)

Hi mrVragec,

Interesting, I’m trying to figure out how to reproduce here.
Can you supply us with the file you are trying to import? I presume a requirements.txt file or similar. If you’re just adding individual packages you can use the Add Packages dialog on the Configuration page.
Also what browser/OS are you using?

Cheers,

-JR

Hi JeffR,

yes, without a problem, I can deliver you all the details. :slight_smile:
In my case, there is no file, I just copy the content of the requirements.txt file and paste the content to the “Import Packages” dialog (as the “Choose File” doesn’t open any dialog or anything anymore today :frowning: ) as there are too many packages to add them individually.
And after that, I can see the uncaught exception on the console :slight_smile:
I’m using macOS Monterey V12.5.1 with Google Chrome 105.0.5195.125. I also tried on Brave Browser, but the behavior was the same.
Just to mention, when I created my first project everything seem to work fine, and then I remove the project, so there were no projects related to my username and created a new one (so as to have exactly one project). After that, I have this issue. I also tried with a new user, as I thought it was related to the number of created projects under the user but that was not the case.

Best regards,
Simon

Hi mrVragec, thanks for all those details! Can you provide the requirements.txt file? I have tired some smaller ones out here with no issues there could be something particular in your file that we need to address.

Cheers,

-JR