Need Package Help!

Hello, I am new to Python. I am a Windows guy. There is an old system that has to be retired. The python that runs on this old box has ancient packages. I tried to import the requirements file but get errors. I was hoping someone could guide me in the right direction.

distribute==0.6.19
mechanize==0.2.5
paramiko==1.7.7.2
pycrypto==2.5
pypm==1.3.4
pythonselect==1.3
pywin32==214
pywinauto==0.4.0
virtualenv==1.6.1
wsgiref==0.1.2
xlrd==0.7.7
xlwt==0.7.4

Some problems are preventing the builds from running…

• No ingredient version satisfies requirement language/python xlwt == 0.7.4
  • No ingredient version satisfies requirement language/python distribute == 0.6.19
  • No ingredient version satisfies requirement language/python paramiko == 1.7.7.2
  • No ingredient version satisfies requirement language/python pypm == 1.3.4
  • No ingredient version satisfies requirement language/python pythonselect == 1.3
  • No ingredient version satisfies requirement language/python pywin32 == 214
  • No ingredient version satisfies requirement language/python pywinauto == 0.4.0
  • No ingredient version satisfies requirement language/python virtualenv == 1.6.1
  • No ingredient version satisfies requirement language/python xlrd == 0.7.7

Based on that package list, you were likely running Python 2.6. Possibly even 2.6.2.

Do you know if your application was using Python as an ActiveScripting language? If that’s the case, there isn’t a current version that can do that.

Otherwise, the approach to take it try 2.7.18, look up the packages one by one, and take the latest available version. PyPM won’t be available at all. It was deprecated several years ago when we shipped the last Python 2.6 release. You might find one or two others that are also unavailable at any version. For any like that, the best tactic is to look for the source code on the internet and see if the name has changed or if a different module has replaced them.

Hello! The current version installed on this old box is ActivePython 2.7.2.5 (32-bit). I don’t believe they are using Python as an ActiveScripting language. I am not sure I’m 100 percent understanding of what you mean by ActiveScripting language. I researched that term in relation to Python and I know this .py script is written in Python. They are .py extensions. I’d call the program more of a script though. The script pulls and drops files from one place to another and sends them off. The script was written 14 years ago (so I am told) 1600 lines of code. The current devs don’t want to re-code the script.

I am going to try 2.7.18 and install the packages manually.
When running pip install pycrypto, I get a bunch of errors. I had to install Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler for Python 2.7 and pycrypto installed successfully.

I couldn’t find the older versions of these but was able to install them.

pip install distribute
pip install mechanize
pip install paramiko - SSH2 Libraries
pip install pycrypto - Need to install Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler for Python 2.7 before pycrypto http://aka.ms/vcpython27
pip install pywinauto
pip install xlrd
pip install xlwt

I was not able to find PyPM, which you mentioned (old package manager), or PythonSelect (doesn’t exist anymore)