Build Error: Tk 804.034 for Perl 5.28.1 on Linux

Looking for help with this package that is failing to build in my project.

Runtime Details

Failing Packages

• Tk 804.034

Hi @Giles,

Thanks for the note! It looks like you tried a range of versions without luck. I made some similar adjustments to versions without success.

Hey @ActiveState-Support - could you take a look at this? It’s definitely beyond my ken.

Cheers!
–zak

Hi Zak,

I’ve taken Tk out for now - but it would be good if ActiveState fixed it as I would like to use it later.

Are we able to see the build logs - that might be useful in identifying the problem?

Regards
Giles

Hi @Giles,

I’ll ask the dev team to take a look at the Tk issue.

We have build logs per package (like the attached screenshot) for Perl 5.32 builds, but not for earlier versions.

Cheers!
–zak

Looks like the problem is with the Linux version. We have a working version of Tk for the older kernel, and if you set Tk to auto, and pick the 2.12 kernel instead of the 2.17, Tk will build.

Unfortunately, then it breaks for DBD-MySQL which is only working for 2.17 kernels.

1 Like

As a follow up in case this is still needed, Tk now builds properly in all three supported Linux variants.

1 Like

Hi,
Unfortunately it appears to still be broken. I just created a new project using Glibc v2.17 since my former Glibc v2.12 project stopped being supported. But when attempting to add Tk, it failed.
(although from the log it appears to very nearly have succeeded)
See: ActiveState

Thanks,
Steve

Yes, it’s fixed for 5.28, but you’ve moved to 5.32 now, and there’s quite a few modules that don’t build yet for 5.32. If you stick to 5.28 you can rebuild that with Glibc 2.17 support, like this one;
https://platform.activestate.com/ActiveState-Support/ActivePerl-5.28-Tk/distributions?platformID=0fa42e8c-ac7b-5dd7-9407-8aa15f9b993a&branch=main

2 Likes