Problems with PPM

Since the release of ActivePerl 5.28, PPM is no longer supported by ActiveState and builds created on the Platform aren’t PPM compatible. Here are a couple alternatives:

• On the Platform, you can add supported packages to a project for use with the State Tool.
  • You can use CPAN to install modules in a Perl runtime you built on the Platform.

For a little more info, check out the blog post here:

All PPM servers are currently inaccessible due to a site outage.

Hi, any eta on when the PPM servers will be available again?

I get this error which I assume is related to the outage:

Downloading ActiveState Package Repository packlist … failed 500 Can’t connect to code.activestate.com:443 (certificate verify failed)

Thanks

PPM is back online now.

I am still getting errors trying to install and update packages on our 5.18 version. We are trying to run the following: ppm install JSON Log::Log4perl, ppm update Win32::NetAdmin and ppm update Win32::TieRegistry. Do you have any update when these will be available?

They will work right now if you use the PPMX manual download method described in the manuals for you 5.18 version.

There’s a secondary problem with an imminent certificate expiry. The manual method does not need a secure connection because your browser handles that, so an expired certificate won’t block the process.

Would this work for 5.16 and could you please link to the 5.18 documentation?

The process is unchanged from 5.12 though 5.22.
(There used to be a way to link to the old manuals, but those are no longer on our site)
Modern builds do not have any local manuals, but if your build is old enough to support PPM it probably still has the HTML local manuals, and you can check those. The process is found in faq/ActivePerl-faq2.html#ppmx_files