Manpages for ActiveTcl on mac

I had to download the Linux tar.gz to get the manpages for ActiveTcl on mac. It would be great if ActiveTcl shipped with manpages on MacOS

Hi @ssteffl!

That makes sense to me as well. I’m not a Tcl user, but when I do a fresh install of ActiveTcl 8.6 on macOS and start grubbing around with man, I get results like this:

Is there something else that should be showing up?

What version of macOS and ActiveTcl are you using?

Cheers!
–zak

Mac’s preinstalled tcl 8.5 manpages seem to cover about 90% of the ActiveTcl 8.6 manpages. Some of the missing manpages for man n include:

debug                                                                           
tailcall                                                                        
tcl_interactive                                                                 
tcl_rcFileName                                                                  
tcl_version                                                                     
throw                                                                           
websocket                                                                       
zlib          

I have Big Sur (11.0.1), and ActiveTcl 8.6.9.

Thanks!

1 Like

Got it - thanks! I’ll let the dev. team know.