Build Error: XML-LibXSLT 1.99 for Perl 5.28.1 on Windows

Looking for help with this package that is failing to build in my project.

Runtime Details

Failing Packages

• XML-LibXSLT 1.99

XML-LibXSLT is having problems with dependency resolution on the new solver that supports 5.32. If you would like to add it back, we can track the problem better and potentially poke the project so that it rebuilds when a fix is deployed.

I removed all the text processing tools that depended on libxslt to resolve this, my main goal was getting perl LanguageServer working for VSCode richterger.perl plugin, but was ultimately unsuccessful as IO::AIO XS module needed pthreads.dll (which I found online, but was not built into the ActiveState MSI) and Compiler::Lexer needing libstdc+±6.dll which I did not find online and is not included in the build, or statically built, by the ActiveState build system.

I tried a build with just XML-LibXSLT 1.99 and Perl 5.28, it built on Linux but not on Windows. The engineering team is aware and they have it in their queue.

great. Oh, I should also point out that nothing built at all unless I selected a linux build to go along with the Win10 build, selecting only a win10 build doesn’t work.

This issue may be caused by incompatibilities in libxml2 version 2.9.12.
Try downgrading libxml2 to version 2.9.10 and rebuild.

1 Like