Problem with a build Perl 5.28.1 after adding Data-Formats bundle

Looking for help on a build that’s failing on Perl 5.28.1. Really the only change I made was adding the Data-Formats bundle (I’m most interested with the features for reading from Excel, so perhaps limiting it to that and not trying the entire bundle is something I may try next). I’ve only had to deal with one other build error previously which I managed to get by after moving up a version - so I’m not very versed in how to troubleshoot this. Any help is appreciated!

Reason: The build encountered an unexpected error. Please consult the build log for more details.

• Build failures: ModulesAndLibs
  • Command exits with 25: cd libxslt && C:\Perl\perl\bin\perl.exe -IC:/build/camel/lib -IC:/build/camel/work/…/lib libxslt-1.1.31-AS-Makefile.PL stopped at C:/build/camel/lib/ActiveState/Build/Step/Role/CustomBuildScript.pm line 75.

HI @bjschulte , Thank you for posting! The team will look into it and advise accordingly.
Regards.

FYI - I’m trying again but this time not using the Data-Formats bundle, instead just adding the following for what I need to do with Excel. When I saw what was in the Data-Formats bundle, forward thinking, I figured I’d add all of that but to get what I need in the immediate short term I’m trying to work around it and just get what I need for reading Excel. Will update if that works.

DBD::Excel
Spreadsheet::XLSX

You’re hitting an issue with fontconfig that we’re investigating as a possible issue on the builder side.

Looks like it - the latest build I tried with just DBD::Excel and Spreadsheet::XLSX ran into that.

Build Status

FAILED311 of 338 Packages Built

Reason: The build encountered an unexpected error. Please consult the build log for more details.

• Build failures: ModulesAndLibs
  • Command exits with 9: cd fontconfig && C:\Perl\perl\bin\perl.exe -IC:/build/camel/lib -IC:/build/camel/work/…/lib fontconfig-AS-Makefile.PL stopped at C:/build/camel/lib/ActiveState/Build/Step/Role/CustomBuildScript.pm line 75.

Looks like as of today a build when through thanks to the fontconfig issue being addressed and it built successfully. I think I’m all set now @ActiveState-Support !

1 Like