Unable to Register Komodo IDE 12.1

Same here. Just installed K 12.0.1 to Linux Mint 18.3. Opening Komodo takes to an activestate login dialog and I’m told I’m offline. But I have no proxy, I’m logged into my activestate dashboard in the browser and I can ping activestate.com from the CLI.

Having the same issue as well, “Login failed, it appears you are offline”
I used the dmg to install Komodo-IDE-12.0.1-91869-macosx-x86_64 on MacOSx Catalina 10.15.5 Firewall is off, this is a personal computer.

Note that It seems that the certificate for platform.activestate.com:443 is not being verified correctly.

We have managed to reproduce this issue, which is impacting your ability to register Komodo. We are investigating and will post an update later.

Thanks for your patience.

Quick update:
We’ve found the issue is due to Komodo not fully supporting the changes made by our SSL provider. We hope to have a solution deployed soon. Once resolved you’ll just need to restart Komodo.

do you know when it will be deployed?

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA. We continue to work on the issue.

Thanks for your patience

The issue is now fixed! Please restart Komodo and you should be able to log in.

Once again, thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Thanks!
It’s working fine now

1 Like

It is not working for me

It is not working for me

Login failed, it appears you are offline. How to resolve it?

The SSL certificate was fixed last week.

If you are still unable to authenticate, you’re likely behind a proxy server.

Contact support@activestate.com for the FAQ.

My work environment could not connect Internet.I also unable to register Komodo IDE 12.1.How to resolve it?

You need an internet connection to activate Komodo for the first time. Once activated you will no longer need to be connected to the internet for any subsequent launches of Komodo.

Due to company’s information security policy,our PC can not connect Internet.Could you help me to solve it?Thanks

I’m sorry, unfortunately at this stage having an internet connection is a hard requirement. You could try out Komodo Edit instead, which is a more lightweight version of Komodo IDE and does not require an internet connection for its first launch.

I’ve been working with my IT department to try and resolve this issue. All the traffic is allowed to go through but my guess is that we have a proxy issue. I can’t get to the proxy settings without being able to login and I can’t login without setting the proxy (Chicken and Egg problem). Can you please give me instructions on how to work around this? I could not find anything in the FAQ online (I may have just missed it). I saw a note above about contacting support. Why not post it here? I can’t be the only one having this issue.

Thanks!

We have to be able to verify that the user is entitled to Komodo IDE. The information in the workarounds could potentially allow someone without a subscription or account to use the product.

1 Like

What’s the workaround? I am also behind a proxy I believe.

See further up the thread. The email address for Support is provided there.