Installation of ActivePerl 5.34 fails on Windows Server 2012

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I’m getting the same on Windows Server 2016…

The 5.34 installer script expects to see Powershell 5.1.19041.1320 which has the appropriate commandlets and an up to date version of .NET.

That error message commonly means that your version of Powershell, and probably .NET, is too old.
You might be able to get some progress by telling Powershell to preload TLS 1.3 before you attempt the download.

Thanks - sorry but as a total noob with powershell - how do I modify the original command with these arguments ? I naively added them to the command:

powershell -Command “& $([scriptblock]::Create((New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadString(‘https://platform.activestate.com/dl/cli/pdli01/install-latest.ps1’))) [Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls -bor [Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls11 -bor [Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12 -c’state activate AndyLapping/Perl-5.34.0-Windows-2012 --branch main’”

But that did not work. I tried adding it to various parts of the command but it basically broke the syntax - any clues ?

Thanks - any guidance on how to add the new commands to the original ? I tried inserting them in various locations and also running it as a separate command before running the original - I dont know PowerShell enough to understand the how to implement the solution ?

I did try updating the powershell using WMF 5.1 - that updated powershell to 5.1 build 14409 but the original command still failed