This posting will track known issues with the current set of Community Edition releases.
- MicroSoft Compilers are incompatible -
All 5.18, All 5.20, 5.22.0
Components affected: Locally compiled modules. Locally linked binaries.
Symptoms: Access Violation errors, or SegFaults when the dll is loaded.
Workaround: Use MinGW.
Bug Status: Assigned
Fix Availability: Compatibility is expected to be restored in a future release.
- Perls built with MinGW may have components with duplicate pointers.
5.18 and 5.20
Can't install the latest Perl on Oracle Unbreakable Linux
[xxx ActivePerl-22.214.171.1240-x86_64-linux-glibc-2.15-298557]$ ./perl/bin/perl
./perl/bin/perl: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./perl/bin/perl)
At the moment have installed libc 2.12 and yum update tells me that it is the latest version available.
Can't find libc 2.14 in the repos. Could somebody tell where to get it?
I discovered that my current AS perl, 5.12, is no longer ppm'able [without a business license] so I'm upgrading to 5.16. I'm worried about how that 'upgrade' should/will go. right now perl is installed in c:\perl64. Can I just install the new 5.16 in the same directory and will it basically leave my installed modules and other such along [perhaps needing a big update via ppm, but still there]? Or will I run into problems?
Can't get the PPM GUI to run. This is on Win 7 64-bit. Tried reinstalling 5.16.2 64-bit, with the same result. PPM command line seems to work. Just the GUI won't run. Tried 5.16.2 x86 and this launches the GUI fine.
The following is in the event log:
Faulting application name: perl.exe, version: 126.96.36.1992, time stamp: 0x50d17d90
Faulting module name: ole32.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7c92c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000036b3b
Faulting process id: 0x%9
Faulting application start time: 0x%10
Faulting application path: %11
Frequently encountered problems may have an FAQ available.
I just installed ActivePerl (ActiveState Software ActivePerl 5.20.2001) but it doesn't seem to communicate with my R Studio program since I get this message everytime I try to run the command "library(gdata)" after I have installed the gdata package. Do you know what I am doing wrong?
Thanks a lot!!
Here's what R Studio says:
" > install.packages('gdata')
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/MDEM0023/Documents/R/win-library/3.2’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
trying URL 'http://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/3.2/gdata_2.17.0.zip'
I used http://downloads.activestate.com/ActivePerl/releases/188.8.131.521/ActiveP... installation package on Windows 7 64bit and changed the install directory from the default C:\Perl64 to C:\prg\Perl64. The installer, however, still installs to the c:\Perl64 directory.
openSuse 13.1 installed with latest updates.
Downloaded the latest Community perl version 184.108.40.2061
Extracted to home dir
Attempted to install. (./install.sh)
The following error comes up.
This installer package does not have the expected content. Please
try to download a fresh copy of ActivePerl from ActiveState's website
ActivePerl 220.127.116.110 when used as an Active Scripting host from DirectoryOpus (via a Rename function) is crashing in IActiveScriptParse::InitNew in PerlSE.dll.
ActivePerl 5.16.03 64-bit works fine.
If anyone from ActivePerl is listening, and are interesting is reproducing this, I'll supply more info.