OS X 10.11 (ElCapitan)

ActiveGo uninstaller tries removing /usr/local and /usr on OSX

I installed ActiveGo to mess with it but decided to go with the official upstream build so I uninstalled ActiveGo.
At the end of the uninstallation process it spits out this:

rmdir: /usr/local: Operation not permitted
rmdir: /usr: Operation not permitted

Installing ActivePerl for OSX

Hi there,

I have installed the ActivePerl v5.24 on my OSX 10.13.3 High sierra.

Also added to .batch_profile in my home directory:

PATH=/usr/local/ActivePerl-5.24/bin:$PATH
PATH=/usr/local/ActivePerl-5.24/site/bin:$PATH
export PATH

When I do command: perl --version -> I get v5.18.2 that I think is Macs build in perl.

When I do command: ppm --version -> I get "-bash: ppm: command not found"

Am I missing some vital information how to get this to work ?
Would love to get some assistance on the this case.

Thanks
Ken

MacOS: “ActiveTcl-8.6.pkg” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

> Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the App Store and identified developers.
> “ActiveTcl-8.6.pkg” is on the disk image “ActiveTcl8.6.4.1.299124-macosx10.5-i386-x86_64-threaded.dmg”. Firefox.app downloaded this disk image today at 11:10 AM from downloads.activestate.com.

I have to go to the Security & Privacy preferences panel and click "Open Anyway".
Oh well...

incomplete .dmg file

I downloaded ActiveTcl8.5.18.0.298892-macosx10.5-i386-x86_64-threaded.dmg and it seems to be incomplete. All I get is a .background folder with background.png in it. When I click on the dmg I get this:

Note: The download is 26.3 MB

Get IDLE to use /Library/Frameworks rather than /System/Library/Frameworks

I have been getting an error that says Tcl/Tk 8.5.9 is unstable with IDLE (for both Python 2.7 & 3.5). I installed ActiveTcl, which installed in the /Library/Frameworks directory, but, according to the following post (http://code.activestate.com/lists/python-list/708162/), tkinter and Tkinter are linked with the Apple-supplied versions (in /System/Library/Frameworks).

The post suggests a number of actions. My problem is that I need to know how to actually do one of the suggestions.

The suggestions are:
- rebuild _tkinter

El Capitan 10.11.5 Tcl version

I recently download Python.
After instaling I got this warning

Python 3.5.0 (v3.5.0:374f501f4567, Sep 12 2015, 11:00:19)
[GCC 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)] on darwin
Type "copyright", "credits" or "license()" for more information.
>>> WARNING: The version of Tcl/Tk (8.5.9) in use may be unstable.
Visit http://www.python.org/download/mac/tcltk/ for current information.

I then downloaded the recommended ActiveTcl 8.6.4 , however it says its cant install because its from a distributer outside of apple.

Please assist