OS X 10.11 (ElCapitan)

MacOS: “ActiveTcl-8.6.pkg” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

> Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the App Store and identified developers.
> “ActiveTcl-8.6.pkg” is on the disk image “ActiveTcl8.6.4.1.299124-macosx10.5-i386-x86_64-threaded.dmg”. Firefox.app downloaded this disk image today at 11:10 AM from downloads.activestate.com.

I have to go to the Security & Privacy preferences panel and click "Open Anyway".
Oh well...

incomplete .dmg file

I downloaded ActiveTcl8.5.18.0.298892-macosx10.5-i386-x86_64-threaded.dmg and it seems to be incomplete. All I get is a .background folder with background.png in it. When I click on the dmg I get this:

Note: The download is 26.3 MB

Get IDLE to use /Library/Frameworks rather than /System/Library/Frameworks

I have been getting an error that says Tcl/Tk 8.5.9 is unstable with IDLE (for both Python 2.7 & 3.5). I installed ActiveTcl, which installed in the /Library/Frameworks directory, but, according to the following post (http://code.activestate.com/lists/python-list/708162/), tkinter and Tkinter are linked with the Apple-supplied versions (in /System/Library/Frameworks).

The post suggests a number of actions. My problem is that I need to know how to actually do one of the suggestions.

The suggestions are:
- rebuild _tkinter

Perlapp mac osx build drag and drop support

Hi,
I regularly mac PC and Mac executables from my PC using Perlapp. When I make a PC executable, it is drag and drop, passing any dragged item into @ARGV, and it works great.

For Mac builds, I can't seem to get this to work, and I have to wrap the build in an Applescript in order to enable this functionality. I'd love to avoid having to do this every time. Is there any way to do this from Perlapp itself, like for PC builds? I've tried the -gui flag but that doesn't do it.

Thanks!

El Capitan 10.11.5 Tcl version

I recently download Python.
After instaling I got this warning

Python 3.5.0 (v3.5.0:374f501f4567, Sep 12 2015, 11:00:19)
[GCC 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)] on darwin
Type "copyright", "credits" or "license()" for more information.
>>> WARNING: The version of Tcl/Tk (8.5.9) in use may be unstable.
Visit http://www.python.org/download/mac/tcltk/ for current information.

I then downloaded the recommended ActiveTcl 8.6.4 , however it says its cant install because its from a distributer outside of apple.

Please assist

trouble installing PDK 9.5.1 with ActivePerl 5.22 on OS X 10.11.5

After many tries to get PDK 9.5.1. set up on my Mac (upgrading from PDK 9.3 and ActivePerl 5.18) I finally uninstalled all ActivePerl versions and PDK, including Library/Application Support, preferences, emptied caches etc. I reinstalled ActivePerl and the PDK, but still no go.

The GUI returns the following error at launch: '/usr/bin/perl' has inconsistent binexp value in Config.pm
The command line app returns this message: Panic: Some symbols not resolvable from /usr/local/ActivePerl-5.22/lib/CORE/libperl.dylib

Panic: Some symbols not resolvable from /usr/local/ActivePerl-5.22/lib/CORE/libperl.dylib

I am running the following command line /usr/local/PDK/bin/perlapp --lib .. --norunlib --verbose --exe collector-main --perl /usr/local/ActivePerl-5.22/bin/perl-dynamic main.pl
and getting the error: Panic: Some symbols not resolvable from /usr/local/ActivePerl-5.22/lib/CORE/libperl.dylib. This is the only error I am getting before perlapp exits.

I can successfully run main.pl with no issues with /usr/local/ActivePerl-5.22/bin/perl-dynamic.

ActivePerl 5.22.1 - Tk 804.033 - Not working

I have a fresh installation of ActivePerl 5.22.1 and Tk 804.033 on OS X ElCapitan. Running a simple Tk testing code I get the following error