Windows Server 2012

PerlEx usability disclaimer

The PerlEx interpreter was written assuming a Perl 5.8.
The PerlEx documentation is written for IIS 5 and IIS 6.

Any combination other than the above should be considered "Experimental".

PerlEx is provided in the ActivePerl installers without support.
- Using PerlEx on Windows versions which are undocumented will require extensive manual intervention, if it is possible at all.
- Versions of ActivePerl beyond 5.8 and modules written for Perls beyond 5.8 are likely to include changes in Perl that are incompatible with PerlEx.

Perl command line interpreter has stopped working v 5.24.1 Problem Event BEX64

We recently installed perl 5.24.1 on our new windows server 2012. The very first perl script I ran I got a windows pop up that said 'Perl Command Line Interpreter has stopped working.'
The details were:
Problem Event Name: BEX64
Application Name: perl.exe
Application Version: 5.24.1.2402
Application Timestamp: 586df0fc
Fault Module Name: StackHash_c6d7
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: PCH_5D_FROM_ntdll+0x0000000000090C6A
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 0000000000000008
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.272.7

Windows Server 2012/Business Edition and need X12-Parser module

We are moving from a Windows server 2008 with perl v5.16.3 to Windows server 2012R2 with Business Edition perl v5.24.1. On the old machine we had a perl module called X12-Parser. I am now trying to install that module on the new machine. It fails and says it can't find any package that provides X12-Parser. It does exist but evidently only compatible with perl v5.10. Does anyone know if there is a replacement module, or how I can install this module so we can have our scripts run on the new server?

Any help is appreciated.

Where can I find the License Installer for the PDK?

I have installed PDK 9.3 and have the license key.
Where do I get this License-installer to install the key?
Thanks

Perl and IIS 8.5 pathing issue

I have set up Perl 32 bit on IIS 8.5 (Windows Server 2012 R2; I have the same issue with 64 bit Perl). I have a Perl script that includes "use lib '/path';" statements to reference other Perl libraries contained within the web site. Notice that I am using forward slashes here. When I browse the script, I get the following error message: Can't locate in @INC (@INC contains: ).

CGI "Can't locate" error message

I have a client who's CGI scripts are throwing this error:

Can't locate /defines.pli in @INC (@INC contains: C/Perl64/site/lib C:/Perl64/lib .) at E:\wwwroot\ELS_Application\cgi-bin\ElectronicLicensing\RE\RECertification.cgi line 29.

Any suggestion on how to debug this?

The server is running Win2012/IIS8/ActivePerl5.22. defines.pli is in the same folder as the calling script, RECertification.cgi in this case.

These CGI scripts are running fine on another server with same setup. They also ran for years on a Win2003 server running ActivePerl 5.8.

ActivePerl DBI connection - Windows 2016 / SQL 2016 DBI module

My new test environment is Windows 2016 / SQL 2016 . The older version of Perl and DBI does not allow connection to SQL server. Error message is
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Invalid string or buffer length (SQL-S109)

I am attempting to download the newest DBI module but message indicates my account does not have permissions. I do not have a business license either.

Can someone tell me if ActivePerl supports connection to SQL on the platform I described?

Thanks
Joseph

ActivePerl Business Edition Silver

Hello,

I'd a ActivePerl community edition installs on Windows(TEST server), and just purchased Business Edition license. But I'm a bit unclear about converting Community edition to Business edition, because when i did Perl install, just ran .exe file and don’t remember the install asking for a License key. And I couldn’t find any documentation on Perl license activation, Do I need to uninstall existing one, and re-install Business edition? Please advice.

Thanks,
Ram

ActivePerl License Clarification

Hi,

Our Engineering team want to use a perl script on our pre-production environment (Windows Server) that searches and replaces some values. This perl script is not included in the final product or distributed with any software or accessed by any 3rd party. Are we able to use the community edition, or does this require the purchase of a Business Edition license?

Regards,
Pantelis

PerlApp created executable not running with nonexec permission on /tmp directory

Hi,

We are using PerlApp to create freestanding executable from perl script.
When the executable built with PerlApp runs, it extracts its dynamic object files in the /tmp/pdk directory. However, it is not working on those systems which have some security permission like nonexec and non writable on /tmp directory.

Our application run on different ports and the problem is same on Window,Linu and AIX platform.