Windows Server 2008

PerlEx usability disclaimer

The PerlEx interpreter was written assuming a Perl 5.8.
The PerlEx documentation is written for IIS 5 and IIS 6.

Any combination other than the above should be considered "Experimental".

PerlEx is provided in the ActivePerl installers without support.
- Using PerlEx on Windows versions which are undocumented will require extensive manual intervention, if it is possible at all.
- Versions of ActivePerl beyond 5.8 and modules written for Perls beyond 5.8 are likely to include changes in Perl that are incompatible with PerlEx.

Getting Cancel installation dialog box prompt.

While installing latest version, after choose setup options step getting cancel installation prompt dialog box.
Please help me to troubleshoot installation.

Lookbehind error

In Perl 5.24

I am getting a "Variable length lookbehind not implemented" error in the following one line Perl script:

$patt = qr((?i)(?<!Administ)(?<!A)c);

yet when I run the following I get no error:

$patt = qr((?i)(?<!Abcdefgh)(?<!A)C);

I don't get this error when running Perl 5.8.

This looks a bug. How do I proceed? Does anyone have a workaround?

Thanks

can no longer store a database handle in an environment variable

After installing ActivePerl 5.24.0, we can no longer store a database handle in an environment variable.

We get the following error when trying to prepare a sql statement:

Can't locate object method "prepare" via package

The scripts works when I change the database handle from an environment variable to a local variable.

Is there an easy fix for this or do I have to change all of our code to use local variables to store a database handle?

ppm install Excel-Writer-XLSX - failed 500 Can't connect to ppm4.activestate.com:80

I installed ActivePerl-5.24.0.2400-MSWin32-x64-300558.exe.

When I try to ppm the Excel_Writer I get the following:
C:\Perl64\lib>ppm install Excel-Writer-XLSX
Downloading ActiveState Package Repository dbimage...failed 500 Can't connect to
ppm4.activestate.com:80
Downloading ActiveState Package Repository packlist...failed 500 Can't connect t
o ppm4.activestate.com:80
Syncing site PPM database with .packlists...done
ppm install failed: Can't find any package that provides Excel-Writer-XLSX

Need to reinstall ActivePerl on Windows 2008 Server VM

I have installed ActivePerl on Windows 2008 with MSI from exe on the wrong Directory C drive rather then D drive. Best way to resolve issue can I repair, modify or do I need to remove it? Then I would also need to delete directories created during installation of ActivePerl ? Thanks Doug

PerlApp created executable not running with nonexec permission on /tmp directory

Hi,

We are using PerlApp to create freestanding executable from perl script.
When the executable built with PerlApp runs, it extracts its dynamic object files in the /tmp/pdk directory. However, it is not working on those systems which have some security permission like nonexec and non writable on /tmp directory.

Our application run on different ports and the problem is same on Window,Linu and AIX platform.

Which ActivePerl version is compatible to use on Windows 2008 32bit for builds.

I need to upgrade ActivePerl version currently running ActivePerl 5.6.1.638 on Virtual Server Windows 2003 with Apache Tomcat 6.0 for Builds of SRF. Upgraded to Windows 2008 Server edition 2008 32 Bit OS for Builds which ActivePerl Version do I need to install which will work and be compatible with Tomcat 6.0? I believe I would need to use ActivePerl 5.18 rather then 5.20? Let me know if you have any suggestions or configuration ideas to make this a smooth migration to Windows 2008 Server edition R1

THanks
Doug
Douglas.Cannatella@thehartford.com

PerlApp DateTime::Format::ISO8601

In an effort to compile a larger script I was running an error after running the compiled executable. I have narrowed it down to the use of the DateTime::Format::ISO8601. As such I have a script that just has the use of that module in it and nothing else:

use DateTime::Format::ISO8601;

If I put this into PerlApp i get the following error:

The following parameter was passed in the call to DateTime::Format::Builder::Parser::create_single_parser but was not listed in the validation options: regex
at /DateTime/Format/Builder/Parser.pm line 164.