Windows 10

Windows 10 License Installer does nothing?

I have been attempting to install my license for Komodo IDE to my windows 10 computer but whenever I attempt to run the installer nothing happens other than the .exe being removed from my computer. I tried to verify that the license was installed by checking in this location C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\ActiveState\ActiveState.lic as this link shows where it is https://community.activestate.com/faq/where-my-activestate-lice.

re-install activeperl - any suggestions?

Hello friends,
Does anybody have any suggestions, about reinstalling ActivePerl over the installed one? (its my first time)
I didn't wanted to, but it happens that I already had ActivePerl installed at another drive and it is now messing with this one.

Thank You!!!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

Multi process handling in TCl script

Need solution for parallel processing in tcl (windows).

I tried with thread, still not able to achieve desired output.

To simplify My requirement I am giving a simple example as following. Requirement: I want to run notepad.exe without effecting my current execution of flow. From main thread control should go to called thread, start notepad.exe and come back to main thread with out closing the notepad .

Tried:(Tcl script)

package require Thread

set a 10

proc test_thread {b} {

puts "in procedure $b"
set tid [thread::create] ;# Create a thread
return $tid
}

TCL code debugging from Visual Studio 2015

Hi:
I would like to know if there are any tools which can help facilitate debugging of TCL source code from Visual Studio 2015.
Thanks,
RP

Permission denied

Hello

I've installed ActivePerl 32 bits version.
perl -v
gives the right answer.

When I want to run a script, I get a "permission denied" message each time I want to open a file.

I tried the following code :

open (OUT1,">out1.txt") or die "Cannot: $!";
print OUT1 "testing\n";
close (OUT1);
exit;

and then ran it in cmd window (Administrator or not, it does not change anything) :
D:\username\Documents>perl test.pl
Cannot: Permission denied at test.pl line 1.

Installed 2.7.13.2713 x86 but pypm missing?

I installed the current community version of ActivePython 2.7 from the download page today. When I try and run "pypm" I get the following message "pypm is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

pypm supposedly should be located in the c:\Python27\Scripts folder however it is not there. pip and easy-install are there but not pypm. I have reinstalled several times and rebooted etc.

Not sure what else to try here.

Perldoc fail: invalid argument -R

I recently installed v5.24.1 form MSWin32-x64, replacing an earlier version. Perldoc now fails every time with a message "Invalid parameter - -R"

I have searched the Net for this error and found a few people asking the question but no answers. Evidently it is a Windows-only problem not occurring in Unix.

Erronous error message related to nmake.exe not in PATH

Steps to reproduce the problem:
Using ActivePerl 5.24.0.2400 and OpenSSL 1.1.0c run "perl Configure VC-WIN64A" from a Visual Studio 2015 command prompt.

Actual result:
The following error will be presented:
It looks like you don't have either nmake.exe or dmake.exe on your PATH,
so you will not be able to execute the commands from a Makefile. You can
install dmake.exe with the Perl Package Manager by running:

ppm install dmake

Expected result:
No error will be presented.

new install of Komodo IDE * Active Python

I installed Active Python from: (ActivePython-3.4.3.2-win64-x64), and Komodo from: (Komodo-IDE-10.1.4-89515), but trying to setup this python as the Interpreter in the IDE fails,
The chosen Python has version 3.4 which will not work as a Python Interpreter.

I am trying for a matching 64-bit install on each.

Using the python36 version from python.org seems to work fine.

Dos dir command from within Perl produces different results in Windows 7 and Windows 10

I have an application that uses the line:

@files_ls = `dir`;

I use the result to produce a sorted list by time and I optionally only print files that match a regular expression.

The output is different between windows 7 and windows 10. The former has all the date info, the latter only produces the file name.

In a regular DOS prompt I get the same result on both systems.

Does anyone have a clue as to how to circumvent this problem?