Windows 10

PDK 9.5.1 Support for Windows 10 Enterprise.

I have a valid license for the Perl Development Kit 9.5.1. I'm trying to use it on Windows 10 Enterprise and I get this message when trying to build an x86-32 executable. When will there be support for this platform?

C:\Users\thloeber>perlapp --norunlib --target windows-x86-32 --exe i386WinColInstall.exe i386WinColInstall.pl
No ActivePerl 5.22 builds found for windows-x86-32/2204, please contact

Missing Encode::Detect::Detector

After reinstalling Windows and ActiveState Perl 5.24.1, I can't find the module Encode::Detect::Detector in ppm. Without Encode::Detect::Detector, even the module Encode::Detect fails to load, producing the error "Can't load 'C:/Perl64/site/lib/auto/Encode/Detect/Detector/Detector.dll' for module Encode::Detect::Detector: load_file:The specified module could not be found at C:/Perl64/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 194." Is this a bug, or am I the only one having this problem? Thanks.

Tcl Expect with Putty telnet

Hello.

Trying to achieve a goal of running putty's plink -telnet via Tcl Expect.

When i do a regular:
plink -telnet %ip%

i get an output of the process and am able to properly conduct what i have planned.

But when i try the same from Tcl Expect:
% package require Expect
% exp_internal 1
% spawn plink -telnet %ip% -s
% expect -nocase login

expect: does "" (spawn_id exp4) match glob pattern "login"? no
expect: timed out

there is simply no response from the piped process.

Tcl: 8.6(x86)
Expect: 5.43.2
Putty: latest x86
Win10 x64

How to list modules I explicitly installed?

I need to reinstall Windows and Active Perl on a computer. How can I list the modules I installed via ppm so that I can reinstall them afterward? "ppm query *" doesn't do what I want; it lists hundreds of modules that I didn't explicitly install. Thanks.

Very Simple Need

I'm completely new to PERL, and here, so I don't know if this is even the correct forum for my need. If not, please let me know where to post.

I have a need that should be so super simple, yet I've been searching for every scripting product I can find but they're all so overwhelming the understand, and I'm in a great time crunch. Also this is for a zero budget volunteer organization that my wife uses. My need is as follows:

Can't install ActivePython 3.6 on Windows 10

Hi,

I'm trying to install ActivePython 3.6 on my Windows 10 machine for the first time. I'm running the installer "ActivePython-3.6.0.3600-win64-x64-401834.exe" with the default installation options.

The installer seems to run as expected. It runs for a minute or so and then displays a message "Completing the ActivePython 3.6.0 Build 3600 (64-bit) Setup Wizard." I then click the "finish" button and the installer exits.

Unable to load Sqlite3

I issue the command

load C:\\Tcl\\lib\\sqlite-dll-win64-x64-3130000\\sqlite3.dll sqlite3

and get

cannot find symbol "Sqlite3_Init"

what obviously indicates that used ddl is not Tcl wrapper but C-library.
Is it intentionally put there or mistakenly?

I installed Tcl 8.6.4 using downloader https://www.activestate.com/activetcl/downloads/thank-you?dl=http://down...

Unattended installation of ActiveState ActivePearl 5.24.1.2402

I need to be able to deploy ActivePearl to multiple Windows 10 machines (via SCCM),
I can extract it to get an msi using;
"ActivePerl-5.24.1.2402-MSWin32-x64-401627.exe" /extract
But when calling this .msi I get the error:
"This Package can only be run from a bootstrapper."

Any information about unattended installation for ActivePearl?

Thanks in advance.

Tk missing in v5.24.1.2402 and v5.22.3.2204

Tk module missing in the following 2 ActivePerl versions: 5.24.1.2402 and 5.22.3.2204
Tkx is available, but it would be a huge effort to rewrite the whole script to Tkx.
Hence the Topic.
Please help.

Error in choosing directory for installing ActiveTcl 8.5 for OpenSees

Hi,

I'm trying to install ActiveTcl 8.5.18.0. for OpenSees software. The instructions are to save it in C:/Program Files/Tcl.

But I attempt to do this, it says, "Cannot Write to Directory "C:/Program Files/Tcl". Please choose another directory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Joe