Windows 10

Odd behavior after upgrading package with pip.

I am seeing some very odd behavior with ActiveState ActivePython after using pip to install a package.

1. Install ActiveState ActivePython 3.6.

2. Run a Python script using the file association, that is just by calling the script itself. All is well in the universe.

3. Use pip to upgrade a package that is included in ActiveState ActivePython. For example, run the following command.

python -m pip install --upgrade pip

4. Run a Python script using the file association, that is just by calling the script itself. The universe blows up.

5. The following dialog box is displayed.

ppm gui failed: DBI connect

If the name of Windows user is not written in the Latin alphabet (I have Cyrillic), then ppm produces such an error. How to avoid it?

c:\>ppm
ppm gui failed: DBI connect('dbname=C:\Users\????\AppData\Local/ActiveState/ActivePerl/2404/ppm-MSWin32-x64-multi-thread-5_24.db','',...) failed: unable to open database file

pypm' is not recognized as an internal or external command

pypm' is not recognized as an internal or external command

The program was loaded
And reboot the computer
But the file did not appear

How can I solve the problem?

Upgraded Perl and now LWP does not work ?

A simple one line program fails on a Use LWP command

Amongst errors are Attempt to load List/Util.pm aborted

Any help appreciated

ImageMagick fails on accessing registry key (Exception 495: RegistryKeyLookupFailed `CoderModulesPath' @ error/module.c/GetMagic

Exception 495: RegistryKeyLookupFailed `CoderModulesPath' @ error/module.c/GetMagickModulePath/664

Perl: ActivePerl-5.26.1.2601-MSWin32-x64-404865
ImageMagick: ImageMagick-7.0.8-11-Q16-x64-static
ppm install PerlMagick

First note - The dynamic version of ImageMagick crashed on being unable to load the dll. That's why I switched to static.

A simple test script trying to read a .GIF produces the error above.

Thanks

Unable to use ImageMagick with 5.26

Perl: ActivePerl-5.26.1.2601-MSWin32-x64-404865
ImageMagick: ImageMagick-7.0.8-11-Q16-x64-dll
ppm install PerlMagick

I get the Dynaloader error with respect the image magick dll. Is there a fix?

Opening a serialport and transmitting on the dtr, rts and txd pins

Hello all,

I am new to tcl and I am trying to find some code that will open a serialport and be able to transmit on the dtr, rts and txd pins of my rs232 to usb cable.

Has anyone done this before and have some code examples or can someone point me to a good source for it please.

Thanks in advance
Ant

Perl more comand start giving error after upgrading to windows to 1803 version. It worked fin with windows 1709,1703,1609 ver

code which start giving Too many arguments in command line after upgradign to windows 1803 version. This same code work fine with windows 1709 version

my $syscmd="more $tppath\\IMP-name-Title.txt >> $Namelist";
system($syscmd);

Error on console:
more template\IMP-name-Title.txt >> temp-Name\Namelist.txt
Too many arguments in command line.

Anyone knows solutiuon for this issue.

Error in startup script

Hello guys,

I am trying to run a tcl code but having an error message as "Error in startup script", invalid command name "wipe" while executing "wipe". Did some of you encounter a similar problem and solve it?

Thanks in advance

pack for 0x0A creates the invalid value

I created the following perl source'

my $val = 10;
open(OUT, ">", "out.bin") || die "cannot open file\n";
print OUT pack("C", $val);
close(OUT);

I expect the content of out.bin is 0x0A, but it is 0x0A0D.
"0x0D" is added after 0x0A.
I also get 0x000A0D in case of pack("S", $val), and 0x0000000A0D in case of pack("V", $val).

I can get the correct result in case of $val=9 or $val=11.

Is this a bug for ActivePerl?
Tested with 5.26.1 for x64, 5.26.0 for x86, and 5.24.2 for x86.

Regards,
Jun TAKADA