Windows 10

No DBD::MySQL for Perl 5.26 64bit

Recent installation of Perl 5.26 on Windows 10 x64
Upgraded from Perl 5.24 where access to MySQL data is critical but alas the DBD::MySQL PPM module is not available so I have to uninstall and reinstall 5.24 to maintain compatibility.
Anyone know if we will get this module any time soon?

PPM packages for v5.26 64bit?

http://ppm4.activestate.com/MSWin32-x86-64int/5.26/2600/ is empty, hence, the PPM of ActivePerl v5.26 cannot download packages. When will the packages available?

Or is there another repository for v5.26?

Thank you,

PPM installation does not initiate for String-CRC32 package

Hello,

perl version 5.8.3

I set the http proxy from command line,

set http_proxy=http://UserName:Pwd@10.210.0.21:8080

and then trying to install String-CRC32 using,

ppm install String-CRC32

it gives below error,

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ppm install String-CRC32
Error: No valid repositories:
Error: 404 Not Found
Error: 404 Not Found

Can I get some help with it or a perl script for CRC32 calculation!!

Thanks.

Installing modules: Getting "Cannot find 'bzip2' program ..." when installing modules

hi,

Hoping for some help. I have installed the 64 bit version of the Perl community edition onto my machine (clean install). I keep getting the error below when trying to installed various modules (for example, "cpan I18N::Langinfo")

CPAN.pm needs the external program bzip2 in order to handle 'C:\Perl64\cpan\sources\authors\id\S\SH\SHAY\perl-5.26.1.tar.bz2'

Any ideas why bzip2 is not found? Do I need to install this separately from somewhere (I have never had to do so in the past on other machines).

Any suggestions welcome.

Many thanks,
Simon.

License installer's downloading be blocked by Windows Defender

I tried to download license installer of Komodo Personal 11 for windows, then Windows Defender blocks it.
And it reports that 'Trojan:Win32/Spisky.U!cl' is detected.

I downloaded it on my Mac, then I move it to OneDrive, but Windows 10 denies sync to pc's storage.

ppm update error

Hello!

I can't update any repository on my laptop (see attachment)!!! Can you help me?

I have installed ActivePerl 5.22, 5.24 and 5.26 like this bin-path:

C:\Program Files\ActiveState\ActivePerl\5.22\..
C:\Program Files\ActiveState\ActivePerl\5.24\..
C:\Program Files\ActiveState\ActivePerl\5.26\..

Wide character error

I'm having a problem with a script called Pod_feeder. This script posts news feeds to the social media site diaspora. I'm NOT a coder so thats why I need help now....
The script works sometimes and sometimes I get an error wide character xml::simple at line 470. I've been trying to find a solution for this and the only thing I've been able to come up with is that the script needs to be changed so that line 470 posts the news story with utf8 instead of unicode. any help would be greatly appreciated!!! These are the lines causing the error.

if( $response->is_success ){

Windows 10 fall creators update breaks perl for the SYSTEM user

Installing the "Fall Creators Update" on Windows 10 breaks perl for the NT Authority\SYSTEM user. Upgrading from ActivePerl-5.24.1 to ActivePerl-5.24.2 made perl work again for the SYSTEM user. Perl was still working for a regular user even after the "Fall Creators Update". A batch file launched periodically from a windows service running as NT Authority\SYSTEM contains a script.pl line that didn't run anymore after the "Fall Creators Update".

What would be a quicker/smarter way to fix perl for the SYSTEM user rather than running an ActivePerl installer?

PDK 9.5.1 Support for Windows 10 Enterprise.

I have a valid license for the Perl Development Kit 9.5.1. I'm trying to use it on Windows 10 Enterprise and I get this message when trying to build an x86-32 executable. When will there be support for this platform?

C:\Users\thloeber>perlapp --norunlib --target windows-x86-32 --exe i386WinColInstall.exe i386WinColInstall.pl
No ActivePerl 5.22 builds found for windows-x86-32/2204, please contact

Missing Encode::Detect::Detector

After reinstalling Windows and ActiveState Perl 5.24.1, I can't find the module Encode::Detect::Detector in ppm. Without Encode::Detect::Detector, even the module Encode::Detect fails to load, producing the error "Can't load 'C:/Perl64/site/lib/auto/Encode/Detect/Detector/Detector.dll' for module Encode::Detect::Detector: load_file:The specified module could not be found at C:/Perl64/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 194." Is this a bug, or am I the only one having this problem? Thanks.