Cross-wrapping for 32-bit Linux

I upgraded. Why is 32-bit Linux no longer listed as a target for cross-wrapping?

In order to build a wrapped file for 32-bit Linux, there must be an available 32-bit Linux version of the Perl you have installed on your build system.

Community Edition/Business Edition ActivePerls 5.20 and higher do not provide versions for 32-bit Linux.

As of 2016, all of the ActivePerls which support cross-wrapping for 32-bit Linux require a Business Edition license.

Compatibility when wrapping or cross-wrapping for Linux

When I test my wrapped or cross-wrapped application on Linux, it crashes and reports "version `GLIBC_2.14' not found..."

This is an expected error message if you are wrapping for 64-bit Linux with 5.20 and 5.22 Perls, and run the resulting file on a Linux kernel that is too old (RHEL 5 and 6 are most frequent).

Wrapped files have the same system requirements as the native ActivePerl version. ActivePerl 5.20 and 5.22 require glibc 2.15 or higher.

To built a wrapped file that will run on an older version of Linux, you must wrap with an ActivePerl where the requirements for 64-bit Linux are only glibc 2.5 or higher. As of 2016, all of these Perls require Business Edition licenses.