OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Problems selecting /Library Tcl framework instead of /System/Library Tcl framework

My end goal is to be able to use TkTreeCtrl, and I read using ActiveStateTcl was the easiest option as both brew and macports don't show any available TkTree packages.

I've installed ActiveState Tcl 8.5 and 8.6 on OSX 10.9. When I run a script to print the Tcl patchlevel being used, it returns 8.5.18 which is the version located in /System/Library/Framework/Tcl.framework. How can I get it to select the ActiveStateTcl/Tk located in /Library/Framework/Tcl.framework?

Install a package on mac

Hi - I'm new to mac, and trying to install my tcl environment from Windows. For example, I want to install GetOpts package. teacup can't find it, so that's that.

On Windows, I can put a package into the tcl/library directory and it just works. Can I do this on mac? Where is the equivalent directory, where the packages are stored? I have tcl version 8.4, 8.5 and 8.6 installed (on top of each other), so I'm hoping this technique will work on the 8.5 directories.

Another approach might be to be able to use teacup to install local packages, but I can find no help on how to do this.

Installed ActiveTCL 8.6.4, python/tkinter still gets 8.5.9

I recently upgraded from Mac OS X 10.8/Mountain Lion to 10.9/Mavericks and then to 10.10/Yosemite. At the Mavericks update my python/tkinter app suddenly stop showing images - a known problem and I've installed ActiveTcl 8.6.4, as well as Python 2.7.10. I'm currently on Yosemite and Python 2.7.10.

When I run tclsh, I get this:

$ tclsh
% info patchlevel

But when I run my app, with these two lines at the beginning:

print "Python:", sys.version
print "Tcl revision:", tk.Tcl().eval('info patchlevel')

I get:

How does PIP work with 2 Python distributions in OSX?

Hi!

I'm having a hard time understanding the way `pip` is supposed to work when there's 2 Python distributions in the machine.

My setup:

- OSX 10.9.5
- Default Python (`2.7.5 (default, Mar 9 2014, 22:15:05)`)
- ActiveState Python (`2.7.8 (default, Jul 7 2014, 20:30:57)`)

Cannot use Tix with ActivePython 3.4.1.0 for Mac OSX (Mavericks)

Hello,

When I tried to do the following:

from tkinter import tix
from tkinter.constants import *
root = tix.Tk()

I get the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/lib/python3.4/tkinter/tix.py", line 221, in __init__
    self.tk.eval('package require Tix')
_tkinter.TclError: can't find package Tix

Is there anyway to use Tix on MacOSX? There are no problems using Tix on WIndows 7 version.

Cannot use Tix with ActivePython 3.4.1.0 for Mac OSX

Hello,

When I tried to do the following:

from tkinter import tix
from tkinter.constants import *
root = tix.Tk()

I get the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/lib/python3.4/tkinter/tix.py", line 221, in __init__
    self.tk.eval('package require Tix')
_tkinter.TclError: can't find package Tix

Is there anyway to use Tix on MacOSX? There are no problems using Tix on WIndows 7 version.

PerlApp error: Perl lib version (5.18.2) doesn't match executable ... version (v.5.20.1) at ... Config.pm line 62

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Perl Dev Kit.

My Module Search Path looks right ...
/Users/.../Library/ActivePerl-5.20/lib
/usr/local/ActivePerl-5.20/site/lib
/usr/local/ActivePerl-5.20/lib

It looks to me like PerlApp is picking up the OS X 10.9 version instead of the installed ActiveState version. I did have an older version of PerlApp but I think I have uninstalled it ok.

Help!!!

Error creating linux-x86-64 executable using PDK

Hello,

I'm running the PDK version 9.4.0 build 298593 on a Mac OS X system running Mavericks.

I'm trying to cross-compile for linux-x86-64.

I try to build my application with this command line:

perlapp --target=linux-x86-64 --norunlib --force --bind Hal.zip[file=Hal.zip,extract,mode=666] --bind HwDiag.zip[file=HwDiag.zip,extract,mode=666] --bind 'Matlab Simulator.zip'[file='Matlab Simulator.zip',extract,mode=666] --exe linux64-install-vantage-2.9-release ../install-vantage-2.9-release.pl

When this command ran, it generated the following output:

PDK PerlApp crashes on open in GUI mode

Attempting to Launch latest 9.3 version of PerlApp...it crashes and leaves this in the console log:

9/15/14 8:02:45.803 AM PerlApp[1194]: An uncaught exception was raised
9/15/14 8:02:45.803 AM PerlApp[1194]: Error (1000) creating window shape
9/15/14 8:02:45.804 AM PerlApp[1194]: (
0 CoreFoundation 0x00007fff8639025c __exceptionPreprocess + 172
1 libobjc.A.dylib 0x00007fff88c08e75 objc_exception_throw + 43
2 CoreFoundation 0x00007fff8639010c +[NSException raise:format:] + 204
3 AppKit 0x00007fff8ce8c9b9 _NSCreateWindowWithOpaqueShape2 + 159

Pyknon library - using with Komodo on Mac

I have installed Pyknon on my Mac using 'pip'. This all worked and I can access the extra commands by including an import statement.

However, Komodo does not find the library to import in 'from pyknon.genmidi import Midi'.

Help please!