Windows 8

PPM failing to install packages

I have been using ActiveState Perl successfully for many years. I have just upgraded to ActivePerl 5.20.1 for Windows 64-bit x64 (was using 5.16 before). My Perl programs that require no extra packages are still working fine, but now PPM is having problems installing packages, with some packages not found ("Error 404"). And strangely the problem is inconsistent. I tried repeatedly to install the DateTime package. Each time I try, it stops on not finding one or other of the 7 required packages for DateTime.

Problem in installing cpan> DBD::mysql

Hi,

I am new to Perl. Tried to connect to database MySQL with Perl program.

Ran this cpan> install DBD::MySQL

Error connect to server at 'localhost' failed -- error 'Access denied for user'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'

Running make test
Make had some problems, won't test
Running make install
Make had some problems, won't install
Couldn't read metadata file. falling back to other methods to determine prerequisites

Please some one can guide me
Thanks

install DBD::mysql error connect to server at 'localhost' failed. Second error Make had some problems, won't install

Hi,

I am new to Perl. Tried to connect to database MySQL with Perl program.

Ran this cpan> install DBD::MySQL

Error connect to server at 'localhost' failed -- error 'Access denied for user'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'

Running make test
Make had some problems, won't test
Running make install
Make had some problems, won't install
Couldn't read metadata file. falling back to other methods to determine prerequisites

Please some one can guide me
Thanks

ActivePerl for Windows 8.1 that uses MSVCR110

Hi,

I would like to develop a desktop app for windows 8.1 using ActivePerl. The most recent version of ActivePerl 5.18.2 depends on MSVCRT.DLL - as far as I understand MSVCRT.DLL cannot be used in a Windows 8.1 store app, MSVCR110.DLL and related DLLs should be used instead. Since Microsoft is forcing the move to Window 8.1 will ActivePerl for Windows 8.1 be compiled against MSVCR110.DLL and related runtime libraries?

Tomek Wardega

Getting All Perl Packages

I am new perl in general, and I would like to know how I set up the PPM to the point where I can install and perl module such as Virus::Scan, and Device::USB, and not just the packages activeperl has.

Bad Install of Win32::API on Activestate Test Servers?

Our module is passing tests on all of the 32-bit ActiveState test servers, and passing on the 64-bit Perl V5.12 test server, but it's failing on both Perl V5.14 and V5.16 64-bit.

The root cause appears to be an XS/Perl mismatch for Win32::API. Here's the relevant snippets from your build logs:

From your build of our module on 64 bit Perl V5.14: