Perl and ActivePerl GUI kits

Discuss Tk, Tkx, and other Perl GUI toolkits

Tkx manuals or tutorials?

Tkx is a thin wrapper around Tcl/Tk. This means there isn't much need for documentation specific to Tkx because everything is covered in detail by the Tcl/Tk documentation. What is helpful is a tutorial showing how to call Tcl/Tk using Tkx. Fortunately, the Tk tutorial provides lots of examples in several languages. The Perl examples use the Tkx module.

http://www.tkdocs.com/tutorial/

TkTable Perl examples

Hello,

I'm really desperate as i have been trying for two weeks now to get a tktable working. I have been through many sites and docs but didn't find any real example of a Perl script showing how to achieve that, although my objective is rather simple: display a table where a user can enter values and recuperate those values in order to process them.
My question is obvious: can somebody provide me an example of table handling in Perl?
I'm using Perl 5.26 on Mac OS X Sierra.

Thanks a lot for helping me,
Richard

Problem installing Tk in Perl version 5.24

Help needed in installing Tk in Perl version 5.24. Tk is not found in ppm. Tried to install it using CPAN, but I get an error doing that:

dmake.exe: Error code 129, while making 'tkres.o'
dmake.exe: Error code 255, while making 'pTk\libpTk.a'
SREZIC/Tk-804.033.tar.gz
C:\eng_apps\Perl64\site\bin\dmake.exe -- NOT OK
Failed during this command:
SREZIC/Tk-804.033.tar.gz : make NO

ActivePerl 5.22.1 - Tk 804.033 - Not working

I have a fresh installation of ActivePerl 5.22.1 and Tk 804.033 on OS X ElCapitan. Running a simple Tk testing code I get the following error

set focus on Tkx treeview node

$gLast_id="root";
$gLast_id=$tree->insert("", "end", -id => $gLast_id, -text => "root");
$tree->item($gLast_id, -open => "true");
$tree->focus($gLast_id);

What is the correct way to focus on the node just created and made visible?
Thank you in anticipation

Tk XS error on Activestate Perl 5.20 MacOSX

Folks-

It seems that there is an XS error being generated on Activestate Perl 5.20 for MacOSX, when both POE and Tk are used:

$ /usr/local/ActivePerl-5.20/bin/perl -c mactst.pl
mactst.pl syntax OK
. (1):
 0 0x1030c4968   IV f=00000001 undef(1)
SV = IV(0x1030c4958) at 0x1030c4968
  REFCNT = 1
  FLAGS = ()
  IV = 0
Abort

This error was generated using the following perl script (called mactst.pl):

use warnings;
use strict;

use Tk;

use POE qw (Loop::TkActiveState);

if(! defined($poe_main_window)) { warn "\$poe_main_window not defined" };

waitWindow in Tkx; wait until toplevel window is destroyed

I need my application to wait until a toplevel window is destroyed.
Message boxes are not an option, since it seems that they cannot have
a scrollbar.

Is there something like

$widget->waitWindow;

in Tkx?

Thanks!

ActivePerl and Gtk3

Hi there,

Is there any free or paid ActivePerl distribution that includes GTK3 for Windows?

There are independent GTK3 packages available out there, but building its dependencies is next to impossible (e.g. gobject-introspection)

Thanks in advance for any help,

Win32::GUI menus are 2 pixels wide!

Hi all,

Has anyone seen this problem? I have created a context or pop-up menu but when I display it it is very narrow (OK, maybe more than two pixels but not wide enough to see any menu text).

I am writing a perl program that has no window, it appears only in the Windows 7 status bar to the bottom right of the screen. When you hover over its icon a tooltip is displayed with various bits of text. This all works fine and dandy except I need to be able to display a menu for "Exit" and "About" options.

The menu is created thus:

$menu_popup = Win32::GUI::Menu->new(

ActivePerl with Wx

Hi all,

I'm just after some general advice regarding Wx and ActivePerl. Would you recommend using the Wx GUI toolkit with the current community releases of ActivePerl (5.18.4, 5.20.2)? Is this even possible?

If Wx is not recommended, which GUI toolkit do ActivePerl users prefer?

My principal dev environment is Linux (x86_64), Fedora 20.0. I absolutely love using ActivePerl and would not consider using any other perl distribution. I am, however, willing to consider any GUI toolkit that is most appropriate to ActivePerl and Linux.

Cheers,
Ron.