Stackato Micro Cloud support

Installation Problems and FAQs for Stackato MicroCloud

Downloading Stack 2.10 micro cloud for VMWare

Hi,

I'm trying to find/install a micro cloud instance of Stackato 2.10 for compatibility with our Stackato infrastructure at work.

The link I found (http://downloads.activestate.com/stackato/vm/v2.10.6/stackato-vm-vmware-...) has been incredible slow and has failed several times over the past 3 days.

Does anyone know of a mirror for this?

Thanks!

Redirect Loop with Django application on Stackato 3.0.1

Hi,

I'm in the process of migrating from Stackato 2.10.6 to Stackato 3.0.1 in an AWS environment. I've got two separate instances: one for 2.10.6 and one for 3.0.1, both containing identical versions of the applications I'm deploying - one of which is a Django app.

Everything seems to work fine and the same in both environments except for the Django app. This works in Stackato 2.10.6 but not in Stackato 3.0.1: when I try to access it with either http or https the browser returns a 'redirect loop' error.

stackato client responsiveness

The stackato client seems to be really sluggish on Windows 7, sometimes completely unresponsive.

Logging in takes around a minute as the command login takes 15-30 seconds to display the username prompt, and after entering a password it takes anoter 15-30 to return to the stackato prompt.

After logging in running a target command can take up to a full minute, and pushing applications seems to be a roll of the dice on whether I get output at all.

Could this be a configuration issue somewhere on my end, or should I start looking into getting a Mac?

Unable to fetch container via fence

I'm getting the error message when trying to deploy to my local Stackato Micro Cloud 3.0.1

Uploading Application [t] ...
Checking for bad links ... OK
Copying to temp space ... OK
Checking for available resources ... OK
Processing resources ... OK
Packing application ... OK
Uploading (439K) ... OK
Push Status: OK
Stopping Application [t] ... OK
Starting Application [t] ...
Error: Staging error: failed to stage application: Unable to fetch container via fence

Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong?

HTTP 504 Error whilst deploying Django app, trying to install dependencies using PyPM

Hi,

I'm constantly getting the following error (exit code 0) when doing either: stackato update -n OR stackato push -n on a Django app:

2013-12-21T08:32:36+0100 staging: -----> Installing dependencies using PyPM
2013-12-21T08:32:36+0100 staging: Get: [pypm-be.activestate.com] :repository-index:
2013-12-21T08:32:36+0100 staging: error: HTTP Error 504: Connect to pypm-be.activestate.com:80 failed: Too many open files

Error 504 is a gateway error code. Is this something on ActiveState's side?

Issue with Stackato 3.0 and ActiveMq

Hi,

I'd like to install ActiveMq Service on my Stackato. I follow this link :

http://www.activestate.com/blog/2013/10/activemq-stackato

But When I execute the Bootstrap script, I have this error :

+ [ ! -z ]
The path `/home/stackato/stackato/vcap/services/base` does not exist.
ERROR: Invalid <component> specified

ERROR: Invalid role given 'activemq'

Any idea?

HTTP to HTTPS redirect

Hi,
we have 3 apps using 3 different frameworks (Grails, node.js, Django) together on a single microcloud node (Stackato v2.10.6). They talk to each other via REST APIs. We want to use HTTPS for all communication. HTTPS itself is working but we also want to redirect all HTTP traffic to HTTPS.

Do we have to do that inside each individual app (i.e. figure it out 3 times...)? Or is there a way to do it for all of them together?
We currently use the default stackato router (router2g).

Cannot import Stackato Micro Cloud 2.10.6 into VirtualBox 4.3.4

Hi,
I cannot import Stackato Micro Cloud into Virtual Box.

1. I download Stackato Micro Cloud 2.10.6 for Virtual Box from here
http://www.activestate.com/stackato/download_vm
2. I unzip stackato-vm-vbox-v2.10.6.zip
3. I run Oracle CM Virtual Box Manager 4.3.4
4. When I choose File > Import Appliance and select the Stackato-880-v2.10.6.ovf file, there is an error:
Error reading "...\Stackato-880-v2.10.6.ovf": element "Section" has no "type" attribute, line 18.
Result Code: V_BOX-E-File_ERROR (0x80BB0004)

Thank you for helping me.

Changing the deployed application file path

Hi,

When I deploy any application to Stackato (v.2.10.6 in this case), all the application files seem to be located under "/" (i.e, when I look at the application files from the Management Console, the application path is "/", and all the application files are directly under the root).
==> Is there a way to change this path, so the application files are stored under a different path instead (e.g., "/xyz/...), i.e., not under the root ?

This is because I'm trying to deploy and configure a 3rd party application (OpenAM) that chokes when it's installed under the root...

Login with stackato 3 beta does not work

Hi
after starting the stackato 3 VM on VMplayer and trying to login via web interface, I only get back
{"code":10000,"description":"Unknown request"}

The username and password is correct. Any ideas?

Cheers
Jure