Stackato Micro Cloud support

Installation Problems and FAQs for Stackato MicroCloud

Changing the deployed application file path

Hi,

When I deploy any application to Stackato (v.2.10.6 in this case), all the application files seem to be located under "/" (i.e, when I look at the application files from the Management Console, the application path is "/", and all the application files are directly under the root).
==> Is there a way to change this path, so the application files are stored under a different path instead (e.g., "/xyz/...), i.e., not under the root ?

This is because I'm trying to deploy and configure a 3rd party application (OpenAM) that chokes when it's installed under the root...

Login with stackato 3 beta does not work

Hi
after starting the stackato 3 VM on VMplayer and trying to login via web interface, I only get back
{"code":10000,"description":"Unknown request"}

The username and password is correct. Any ideas?

Cheers
Jure

Stackato Launch in Amazon fails

When I launch stackato instance (N. Virginia region; m1.medium; everything default) it doesn't complete. The last thing I see in system log:

Loading, please wait...
Begin: Loading essential drivers ... done.
[27327128.114579] udevd[81]: starting version 175
Begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ... done.
Begin: Mounting root file system ... Begin: Running /scripts/local-top ... done.
Begin: Running /scripts/local-premount ... done.
[27327128.565218] EXT4-fs (xvda1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
Begin: Running /scripts/local-bottom ... done.
done.

Move Stackato AMI from US East to Ireland

Hi,

I'd like to try the Stackato AMI out in the Ireland region as our platform will be mainly used within Europe. Is this possible?

I can not copy the existing AMI as I'm not permissioned to do so - it's a private image. I also tried to create my own AMI from a snapshot of the stackato instance, but this didn't seem to start up properly (the basic AWS health checks failed). Perhaps I need to do some extra configuration work?

Thanks in advance,

Darren Harris

uWSGI static files slow

Hi

I've been playing around with Stackato, and have successfully set up a Perl application. I've set uWSGI to serve up the static file exactly as described here

But, the serving of the static file are slow, not just a little, but VERY slow. The application on a local VM loads ~100 times slower than a live version (not on Stackato) hosted elsewhere!

Any ideas on how to speed up the serving of static files?

MongoDB 'quota exceeded' error

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this posting. But....

I'm using Stackato (2.10.6) with MongoDB and a Grails application. We are uploading audio files into MongoDB using mongo's GRIDFS (BSON) and we've now hit some kind of hard limit. Each time I try to upload an audio file, I get the following error:

2013-07-19T15:04:40+0200 app.0: Error trying to save audio file in addAudioFileToDB method: 1374237183000_863d848199b6438f855a9229b23918a0_soundbites.wav
2013-07-19T15:04:40+0200 app.0: com.mongodb.MongoException: quota exceeded

Tomcat crashing with Stackato 2.10

Stackato 2.10.4 running on VMware Player 5.0.2.

I create a simple Grails 2.2.1 app that doesn't do much besides setting-up 3 services: mysql, mongodb and redis.

I created the WAR successfully, and the push seems succesful ("stackato push -n"):

Pushing application 'Curiopolis'...
Framework: grails
Runtime: Java 7
Application Url: curiopolis.stackato-b3za.local
Creating Application [Curiopolis] ... OK
Binding service [Curiopolis-db] ... OK
Creating mongodb service [Curiopolis-mongo] ... OK
Binding service [Curiopolis-mongo] ... OK

Stackato on Apache CloudStack

I was wondering why ActiveState doesn't provide any VHD image for Stackato and I wanted to test the latest Stackato 2.10 release on CloudStack 4.0 with XenServer and KVM clusters. So I thought it should be possible to convert Stackatos VMWare VMDK format to VHD and found an handy small tool to do this for me and convert the Stackato's VMDK image to VHD with Vmdk2Vhd converter from SoftSea:

http://www.softsea.com/review/Vmdk2Vhd.html

Stackato FastStart on Eucalyptus 3.2.2

Hello together,
for those who would like to run Stackato MicroCloud on top of Eucalyptus, we have put 10 easy steps to get it up and running in less than 30 minutes:

http://www.cloudssky.com/en/cloud_solutions/stakcato-faststart.html

List of default frameworks not displayed.

I am unable to deploy the sample application(currency-converter) on my instance as the list of frameworks are not displayed for command Stackato framework.
Result says "No Framework".

And even in the management console there is no data available in the table.

When I push the currency converter application, below is the error I get.

Would you like to deploy from the current directory ? [Yn]: Y
Pushing application 'converter'...
Error: The specified framework [python] is not supported by the target.
Please use 'stackato frameworks' to get the list of supported frameworks.