Stackato Micro Cloud support

Installation Problems and FAQs for Stackato MicroCloud

cloud_controller_uploads_access.log

The logfile of the subject (Stackato 3.2.1)

cloud_controller_uploads_access.log grows at a massive rate when the webconsole is open.
(I have a current log file (last rotated < 1 hours ago) of 250Meg !!

What is seems to log are a series of messages and they are logged every 1s or so while the web console is open and stop (instantly) when it is shutdown.

--- Obfuscated Log Extract ---
[Fri May 09 2014 04:33:24 GMT-0700 (BST)] INFO 127.0.0.1 - POST - /services/v1/offerings - {"content-type":"application/jso

Server Time Zone

Stackato instances seem to start in PDT how to I get it to start in another timezone.

Staging Error - Too much activity; Entering a cool-off period

Having a problem staging an application.

Perl/Catalyst Application and the log output is as follows

[stackato[apptail]] 2014-05-09T09:06:59.000Z: Too much activity; entering a cool-off period
[staging] 2014-05-09T09:06:59.000Z: 2014-05-09T02:06:59 <7> [Client.pm:1157] Want IO::Socket, have IO::Socket 1.34
[staging] 2014-05-09T09:06:59.000Z: 2014-05-09T02:06:59 <7> [Client.pm:1157] Want bytes::, have bytes:: 1.04
[staging] 2014-05-09T09:06:59.000Z: 2014-05-09T02:06:59 <7> [Client.pm:1157] Want Fcntl::, have Fcntl:: 1.11

new stackato box, console won't load on browser

Hello :)

I just got a new AMI in AWS with Stackato and I'm very frustrated trying to get it up and running.
It is a single box, I'm still trying it out. From kato status and kati inspect I've narrowed it down to Docker being outdated(?) and MySQL service not starting(?), but I have no idea why this is happening. I ssh'ed into it and renamed it with no problems, went to console on browser to finish the configuration and bam, blank page. here's what I get from jato status and kati inspect:

stackato@stackato:~$ kato status

Roles

ROLE NODES RUNNING ISSUE#

No AMI from Stackato EC2 trial signup

Hi: I signed up for Stackato trial and wanted to run it on AWS. Provided my AWS account number, but have not received email notifying me Stackato AMI is available, nor see the AMI in my AWS AMI private list.

Is there something else I should be doing to obtain access to the Stackato AWS AMI?

Rolling Updates

Does Stackato have support for rolling updates? We're working on an application that requires high availability.

We've asked around a bit and found another team that just deploys a new app with the updated version, shares the session storage, and remaps the application URL. This doesn't feel right to me. Does Stackato have a built in way to handle this?

If it matters, we're using v2.10.6

Perl + Carton

Hi

Trying to deploy Perl app, which has a Carton cpanfile.snapshot and dependencies bundled into vendor directory. I'm getting this error form the CLI:

staging: -----> carton install --deployment --path /tmp/staged/local_lib
staging:        Installing modules using cpanfile (deployment mode)
staging:        Module::CoreList 2.80 (loaded from /opt/ActivePerl-5.16/lib/Module/CoreList.pm) doesn't seem to have entries for perl 5.016003. You're strongly recommended to upgrade Module::CoreList from CPAN.
staging:        Installing modules failed
staging:

How to change the IP/host of a bound Service?

My Stackato Micro Cloud uses Bridged Networking, and whenever I change locations, the instance changes IP, fine. Nevertheless the Services bound to my application (MongoDB, MySQL,..) keep the IP addresses assigned during the initial application push, the IP assigned to them during their initial creation.

How can I refresh these Services' IPs to the current one? In the current setup my application fails to connect to it bound services every time it changes IP...

Stackato v. 3.0.1 .

Thanks,

./\lex.

Stackato 3.0.1 push error

Hi,

I quite often get the following message in the middle of deploying to a stackato 3.0.1 env:

Error: Staging error: no available stagers for stack lucid64 and mem 512

The workaround seems to be to do a stackato logout followed by stackato login.

It doesn't matter which type of app I am deploying: Grails, Django or NodeJS. I also get this from multiple client machines (macbook, imac) and when pointing to different stackato 3.0.1 environments.

What is the problem here?

Regards, Darren

Error from the CLI when adding a service broker

Hello,

I am trying to add a custom service broker which implements the Cloud Foundry v2 service broker API to my Stackato Micro Cloud VM.

When I try, I receive the following response:

stackato add-service-broker postgresql-9.3 --url http://192.168.12.1:4567
Token: abc
Adding service broker [postgresql-9.3] ... OK
The client has encountered an internal error.
Error: invalid command name "debug.cmd/serviceauth"
Full traceback stored at: /tmp/stackato-WE23WXLsLu