Stackato Micro Cloud support

Installation Problems and FAQs for Stackato MicroCloud

uWSGI static files slow

Hi

I've been playing around with Stackato, and have successfully set up a Perl application. I've set uWSGI to serve up the static file exactly as described here

But, the serving of the static file are slow, not just a little, but VERY slow. The application on a local VM loads ~100 times slower than a live version (not on Stackato) hosted elsewhere!

Any ideas on how to speed up the serving of static files?

MongoDB 'quota exceeded' error

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this posting. But....

I'm using Stackato (2.10.6) with MongoDB and a Grails application. We are uploading audio files into MongoDB using mongo's GRIDFS (BSON) and we've now hit some kind of hard limit. Each time I try to upload an audio file, I get the following error:

2013-07-19T15:04:40+0200 app.0: Error trying to save audio file in addAudioFileToDB method: 1374237183000_863d848199b6438f855a9229b23918a0_soundbites.wav
2013-07-19T15:04:40+0200 app.0: com.mongodb.MongoException: quota exceeded

Tomcat crashing with Stackato 2.10

Stackato 2.10.4 running on VMware Player 5.0.2.

I create a simple Grails 2.2.1 app that doesn't do much besides setting-up 3 services: mysql, mongodb and redis.

I created the WAR successfully, and the push seems succesful ("stackato push -n"):

Pushing application 'Curiopolis'...
Framework: grails
Runtime: Java 7
Application Url: curiopolis.stackato-b3za.local
Creating Application [Curiopolis] ... OK
Binding service [Curiopolis-db] ... OK
Creating mongodb service [Curiopolis-mongo] ... OK
Binding service [Curiopolis-mongo] ... OK

Stackato on Apache CloudStack

I was wondering why ActiveState doesn't provide any VHD image for Stackato and I wanted to test the latest Stackato 2.10 release on CloudStack 4.0 with XenServer and KVM clusters. So I thought it should be possible to convert Stackatos VMWare VMDK format to VHD and found an handy small tool to do this for me and convert the Stackato's VMDK image to VHD with Vmdk2Vhd converter from SoftSea:

http://www.softsea.com/review/Vmdk2Vhd.html

Stackato FastStart on Eucalyptus 3.2.2

Hello together,
for those who would like to run Stackato MicroCloud on top of Eucalyptus, we have put 10 easy steps to get it up and running in less than 30 minutes:

http://www.cloudssky.com/en/cloud_solutions/stakcato-faststart.html

List of default frameworks not displayed.

I am unable to deploy the sample application(currency-converter) on my instance as the list of frameworks are not displayed for command Stackato framework.
Result says "No Framework".

And even in the management console there is no data available in the table.

When I push the currency converter application, below is the error I get.

Would you like to deploy from the current directory ? [Yn]: Y
Pushing application 'converter'...
Error: The specified framework [python] is not supported by the target.
Please use 'stackato frameworks' to get the list of supported frameworks.

Deploying multiple applications to Stackato Micro Cloud and communication between applications

Hi, I am building a loosely coupled system (Mobile Backend as a Service) involving:
a Grails application that fronts normal RESTful calls from a mobile/web device
a Django application that is used for Sys Admin tasks and for some computational work (triggered by a user request)
a Node JS application that talks to a 3rd party API

These apps need to be able to talk together via RESTful APIs (HTTP POST/GET).

Historical Versions of Stackato MicroCloud

I'm working on creating a shell app for our engineers which takes all the guesswork out of configuration for Stackato, Node, MongoDB, etc...
Our QA & Production environments typically run one release behind the current Stackato version.

I want to make sure I'm running the exact version of Stackato MicroCloud that matches our QA & Production environments. Can you provide a URL to that listing page, or can you connect me with the right person to download the Stackato 2.6.7 MicroCloud VM please.

Currently I'm blocked because the Node.js version support changed between 2.6.6 and 2.6.7.

Unable to install Stackato Client

I am unable to install stackato client on my windows and linux(ubuntu) machine.
I have set the environmental variables but still the not able to access the client.
Could you give detailed steps to install the client.

Is it possivle to deplay the tomcat manager that comes with tomcat?

By default Tomcat 7 has a management interface that can be configured via an xml file. I already tried to deploy the contents of the webapp directory but it failed.

Regards,
Andreas