Stackato Micro Cloud support

Installation Problems and FAQs for Stackato MicroCloud

Java Remote Debugging Problem: Failed to connect to remote VM com.sun.jdi.connect.spi.ClosedConnectionException

My environment is - OS X 10.10, Virtual Box, Stackato 3.4.1.
I push my webapp using stackato push -n -d.
It tells me Debugging now enabled on host 192.168.1.7, port 39232'
But when i try to point Eclipse Remote Debugger to that server and port, I get Failed to connect to remote VM com.sun.jdi.connect.spi.ClosedConnectionException

I can access the application and its functionality fine.

Copy files from Micro Cloud VM to container with hooks

Is there a way to use a hook to copy a file from the micro cloud VM to an application? I have some custom tomcat configuration files that I want to copy in the pre-running hook. If so, where do I put that file on the VM to reference it as part of the copy?

Outdated Node.js version in Stackato 3.4.1 - How to update?

I'm running a Nodejs application in Stackato 3.4.1 inside VirtualBox.
My app requires a pretty new node version >= 0.10.
However npm install reports that the node version is 0.8.26.

How can I upgrade to a newer nodejs version?

Even more confusing is, that when checking the node version in the admin console node -v returns v0.10.26.

Any ideas?

/klaus

deploy phpmyadmin failed from app store

Hi, I have manage to clone phpmyadmin to my local repo, and also I can use 'stackato push -n' to start a phpmyadmin application, and log in to the app and operate the database. Then I had a thought to put this app to app store, so that we can deploy the app from the store UI. So I add a yaml to the store, pointing to the app, like the following:

store:
title: Application
icon: https://get.stackato.com/store/icon/activestate.png

apps:
- name: PHPMyAdmin
id: phpmyadmin
desc: A popular PHP mysql management system which uses mysql

Stackato-specific api

Hi, is there a doc about the Stackato-specific apis? We have tested the CF apis compatible with Stackato, but we also see an extension in users/applications. Can I get a doc?

git repository and app store version control

Hi, recently I have a question rising up.
when we deploy from app store, is it possible to do version-control-like operations?? As we can develop code in local repository, then do several stackato push, to create different version apps. But when we deploy from app store, the repo is hosted in GitHub, so can we do version control too?

want to attach to different containers when doing auto scale test

Hi, I am just testing the auto scale function in VM. I can see new container is created when work load is high. And one of my interests is to try logging in to the two docker container, so I use 'docker ps' to check the container IDs, and then 'docker attach '. But that seems to fail. I also check the official doc mentioning about the security of container and port in [1]. is it possible to play some trick and attach to the container by allowing the hosts and ports?

[1] http://docs.stackato.com/admin/cluster/index.html#container-allowed-host...

How to deploy stackato on physical machines?

Hi,
How to deploy stackato on physical machines?
Can the FREE Micro Cloud or FREE Stackato Cluster(20G) deploy on physical machines?
Thanks!

new registered user cannot create apps

Hi, I may have some misunderstanding about the concept of the organization and user and space. When I log in as admin, create a new user(with user name: tom), and I can see that the user role is just a user. No matter how I link the user to the space, when I log in as tom, I cannot create apps, due to no space link to this user. but when I grant 'admin' to tom, of cause he will work as admin and have all the privileges.

so my question is,
1. what this the common user for? He can do nothing. Maybe IMO, organization admin is to deploy an app, and the user is to consume the app.

failed to start hello-java demo

Hi, all. I have met an issue to start the 'hello-java' demo in micro cloud in my local machine. The host machine is Windows7 and then I have virtualbox 4.3.14, and import the VM. Then try deploying an app using demo[1]. The output of command 'stackato push hello-java' notifying that the app is deployed, however, when I add the IP mapping in my hosts file in Windows7, and open 'https://hello-java.stackato-j9zf.local' in the browser, is returns 404. Then I use curl inside the VM, also get a 404 error~

root@stackato-j9zf:~/hello-java# stackato push hello-java