Windows 2000 Pro / Server

Soap for Active Perl

Hi All,

I Installed Active Perl in Windows 2012 but when I execute Perl Script it request for Soap transport..

anybody knows from where I can get this Soap module?

Package Manager CPAN Downloads returns '401 Authorization Required'

The Perl Package manager (PPM version 4.10 ActivePerl version 5.10.1.1007) returns "401 Authorization Required".

Granted it's on an ancient W2K Pro OS (a sacrificial machine) but the error appears not to be platform related.

Any words of wisdom so i can get a few CPAN packages downloaded to the library?

Regards,

Aza D. Oberman

PPM 5.18 repository doesn't work

Just did a clean install of ActivePerl 5.18 and the Perl Package Manager displays this:

Synchronizing Database ...
  Downloading ActiveState Package Repository packlist ... not found

The URL listed in Preferences | Repositories is:

http://ppm4.activestate.com/MSWin32-x86-64int/5.18/1800/package.xml

Which doesn't exist.

When is the ActivePerl 5.18 repository going to be up (assuming that's the problem)?

MRO-Compat-0.11 403 Forbidden

I am trying to install the IO-Socket-SSL package and I keep getting an error 403 Forbidden message on the MRO-Compat-0.11 package. Is there a site or something that needs to be opened on the proxy server to allow this package to be installed?

ActiveTcl8.6.0.0b5 procedure entry point freeaddrinfo could not be located...

When loading the installer for the ActiveTCL 8.6 beta I get this error:

"The procedure entry point freeaddrinfo could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll"

ActiveTcl8.6.0.0b5.294318-win32-ix86-threaded.exe

Any ideas?

Komodo won't start on Windows XP

Question: 

After installing Komodo, it does not run at all. Running ko.exe directly produces an error which reads:

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling application may fix this problem.

Reinstalling does not fix the problem. What's wrong?

Answer: 

It's most likely the result of Windows not having a working copy of the right version of the Visual C++ library runtime:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235299%28VS.80%29.aspx

Try downloading and installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Upgrading from 5.8.7 build 815

I need to upgrade my ActivePerl version 5.8.7 build 815 to the latest version. I dloaded the ActivePerl-5.12.1.1201-MSWin32-x86-292674.msi file but when I run it the installer tells me I have an incompatible version installed in the c:\Perl folder. Do I have to uninstall the old version first or is/are there other version(s) I must upgrade to first before I can use the new install.

Thanks in advance…

How to change the perl installed path

Hi,
I installed perl 5.10 under c:\perl_510 to test it and after having tested it and installed all missing modules would like to change the directory to c:\perl i.e the standard path. Its there any possibility of doing this? I think just renaming the directory and setting the env variable 'path' ist not sufficient as all the installed packaged have this installed directory in their .packlist files and also doing a search of the string c:\perl_510 yields a lot of files with this string hard-coded in them.
Any help is very much appreciated

thanks
osman

Update Tcl 8.4 to Tcl 8.5: "missing" packages

I have update a Tcl 8.4.2 to 8.5.5 and TclDevKit 3.2 to TclDevKit 5.0.1.
ActiveTcl 8.5.5 installer recommends me to install Tcl 8.5.5 in the same directory with Tcl 8.4, and the TclDevKit 5.0.1 installer recommends to uninstall previous version of TclDevKit. I have done that.
My Tcl application uses several packages and works well under tcl 8.4.2. But when I try to start this application after updating Tcl, I saw an error message:
"can't find package BWidget while executing 'package require BWidget'".

I saw the same for all other 'package require' directives.

Test::More

When I try to install Number-Compare.ppd ActivePerl (v5.8.8.824) says:
ppm install failed: Can't find any package that provides Test-More for Number-Compare

For the life of me I can not find Test-More. I can find Test-Simple and Test-More-Diagnostic but these don't satisfy Number-Compare

Does anyone have a Win32 copy they could share?

Thanks,
Alex