Stackato 2.10.X AOK doesn't auto-reconnect to its database if connection is interrupted

Posted by lorned on 2013-06-12 16:17
OS: All / Any | Product: Stackato | tags: 2.10.4 2.10.6 aok connect patch postgres stackato
Question: 

I've noticed that, if my AOK process ever loses contact with its database, it doesn't try to reconnect and I am forced to restart the process manually. Can anything be done to fix this?

Answer: 

We're aware of an issue with AOK in 2,10 that prevents it from reconnecting to its database if the connection is ever interrupted. We have generated a patch for this, which you can download at http://get.stackato.com/patch/2.10/stackato-2.10.4-aok-reconnect.sh

This patch will need to at least be applied to all of your nodes running the controller role. You can apply it by uploading it to the node and running 'sh stackato-2.10.4-aok-reconnect.sh'. After applying the patch you should restart your aok process via 'kato process restart aok'. This might cause a several second outage in the ability to log in.

This patch is also available for 2.10.6 users via kato patch, and can be installed with 'kato patch install'.