I'm stuck in Full Screen mode on OS X! Help!

Posted by cgchoffman on 2013-03-18 12:05
OS: OS X | Product: Komodo | tags: broken Full Screen Komodo Edit Komodo IDE Mac os x stuck
Question: 

I entered full screen mode through the Komodo menu and now now I'm stuck. How do I get out?

Answer: 

If you are stuck in Komodos Full Screen mode and you can't seem to turn it off, we have a work around for you until the issue is resolved properly.

- Cmd + Q to exit Komodo
- open the following file in a text editing program: /Users/*username*/Library/Application Support/KomodoIDE/8.0/prefs.xml
- search the "startupFullScreen" preference and change the 1 to 0
- DELETE the prefs.xmlc file (it's a back and will over write the change you just made)
- start Komodo

Once you've accomplished this you can assign a keybinding to full screen mode through Preferences > Editor > Key bindings: Search "full screen" and assign whichever key binding you like to it.

This will not be an issue for long.

- Carey

cewenger | Fri, 2013-03-22 13:25

I have Mac OS X Version 10.6.8. I can't find the /Users//Library directory to change the Komodo prefs file. I tried to make the directory visible by entering the following command in the Terminal:

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

The command seemed to execute, but I still can't find the directory.

Thanks.

Carl Wenger

cgchoffman
ActiveState Staff
Fri, 2013-03-22 14:26

My bad, forum picked up my as an HTML tag and hit it. Path should be " /Users/*username*/Library/Application Support/KomodoIDE/8.0/prefs.xml". Try again Carl.

- Carey