missing or wrong version found on Linux

Posted by johnlpursel on 2013-02-08 07:27
Forums: PDK Support | OS: Other Linux

Have a development CentOS box that I've created a binary to run on another Linux box that did not have perl. All worked well up until recently. The runtime box was recently updated. It now has Perl 5.8.8 (non-activestae build) and some other pkg updates... but it is still basically the same OS (32bit CentOS 2.6.18).

Now when the binary is executed it reports found at /usr/lib/perl5/... not an ActiveState binary. Which is true.... but what is this an issue now?

the /tmp gets the pdk-xxxx/ dir with the from the binary but never seems to be referenced.

What simple thing am I missing? My binary must have contained everything it needed since it worked last week before the runtime box was updated. Is there something special I need to start doing that I've been overlooking?

ActiveState Staff
Tue, 2013-02-12 17:12

Had a problem like this reported a little while ago.

Check your /tmp to see if it has noexec set. If this is the issue, one way around it is to override the TEMPDIR value when you wrap with PDK.

Alternately, check to see if you have SELinux set to enforcing.

Both of these conditions are known to happen with Centos, and both can trigger that sort of error.

johnlpursel | Thu, 2013-02-14 08:10

Thanks for the insight.... The production box is outside my control. The new image locks most things down... /tmp had the noexec property set.