Is SSL enabled in DBD-mysql 4.021 downloaded from ppm?

Posted by thv on 2012-11-18 08:52
Forums: PPM | OS: Windows 7

I hope someone can give med an answer as I am getting very frustrated reading all treads and articles I can find on the net concerning problems with SSL and MySQL. I have no problem with SSL when it is used between the master and slave servers, but when I try to connect the master from a perl script (from the same machine as the slave) with SSL the connection is just denied withour any fault messages. I have no problem connecting as long as SSL is not required.

If I know that SSL is enabled in DBD-mysql downloaded from ppm then I know that I don't have to compile DBD-mysql myself, which according to the treads means I also have to compile Perl and MySQL. I hope someone can enlighten me on this simple question, is SSL enabled or not?

grahams
ActiveState Staff
Mon, 2013-03-25 12:38

http://ppm4.activestate.com/MSWin32-x86/5.12/1200/C/CA/CAPTTOFU/DBD-mysq...
I will use the following settings for compiling and testing:

cflags (mysql_config ) = -I"C:\mysql\include"
embedded (mysql_config ) =
libs (User's choice) = -LC:\mysql\lib\opt -llibmysql
mysql_config (guessed ) = mysql_config
nocatchstderr (default ) = 0
nofoundrows (default ) = 0
ssl (guessed ) = 0

So, no it is not enabled.

thv | Wed, 2013-03-27 02:04

I am very gratefull for a clear answar, but I just don't get it, why is it not enabled in PPM when I must presume it is when I read the description of DBD-mysql? If you make a search on SSL and MYSQL you find a lot of question raised from others who don't get it to work either. Do you know why?

I am currently running my program under Windows 7 and have not yet, so far, succeded in compiling any modules. There is lots of description on how to do it but they seems to only discribe it halfway through the process, probably because the writer is assuming that we all know how to do it and that we therefore is able to fill in the gaps or know what we need to different on our particullary operating system.