Why is my package requires Business Edition license?

Posted by flamey on 2012-08-14 05:13
Forums: PPM | OS: All / Any

Hey guys!

I have one module on CPAN. I recently updated it (after couple of years) -- there were a few consecutive updates (0.07, 0.08, and 0.09) a couple of days or so apart, as I was messing up POD & packaging. But I think I finally got everything together right in ver 0.09.

Then I see 0.09 doesn't show up in my Active State PPM. 0.07 & 0.08 did before, and CPAN has 0.09.

Looked up on http://code.activestate.com/ppm/WWW-Yandex-Catalog-LookupSite/ and version 0.09 has lock icon on it that says "This package requires a valid Business Edition license".

Anyone knows why that would be? The only change between 0.08 and 0.09 was in documentation, there was no code change.

grahams
ActiveState Staff
Thu, 2012-08-23 09:38

Problem on PPM servers. Needed a manual poke to reset the update bits correctly.

flamey | Mon, 2012-08-27 05:16

Thank you!
But on the link in my original post Solaris builds still require Business Edition license, others (that showed 0.09 before) don't show any version, some still show old v0.06, and my PPM for AS Perl 5.14.2 shows only v0.08 available.

grahams
ActiveState Staff
Mon, 2012-08-27 11:48

Solaris modules will *always* require Business Edition, as all Solaris ActivePerls are Business Edition only.

The PPM index shows the latest release. If a module is available at the lateste release, it will show version number on the download. If a module did not build, then older versions are left in place to download if they are available, and in those cases, the version of the module will be displayed on the download.