WARNING! Failed to configure PHP debugging.
WARNING! Could not determine PHP version number.
You might have seen these errors before. You were installing PHP on your system and trying to run it in Komodo. This FAQ is to help you jump some configuration hurdles. It's easier than you think...
- Download and unpack the Zipped PHP to your machine. I put it in C:\php\.
- Configure Komodo to use PHP interpreter or put it on the PATH.
- Direct Komodo to the PHP interpreter:
- Edit->Preferences->Language->PHP:Use this interpreter.
- Click Browse.
- Navigate to the folder you unzipped PHP into.
- Select php.exe and click Open.
- Komodo will configure and let you know that Debugging is ready.
- Add C:\php\ to your system PATH.
- To confirm that PHP has configured properly using the System Path variable click Check Configuration on the Komodo Start page. PHP should get two brand new green check marks
There you go. Now start writing some PHP!
NOTE: You do NOT need the Debug Pack download for debugging in Komodo. Just download the Zip.