What does please-run-the-install-script refer to?

Posted by danieljk17 on 2019-03-29 10:46

Hello ActiveState Community,

I have tried to install ActivePython-2.7.14 multiple times (in a non-standard location), and it appears the installation was successful, but ssl configuration/environment is not correct yet.

After installation, I am trying to test the functionality ssl (by running the ssl.get_default_verify_paths()), and I consistently get the please-run-the-install-script message, what does it mean exactly? What install script is it referring to (in output/message below)? The ActiveState Python installation said it was successful when I ran it, and I have been able to update pip and many other modules since installation, it's just the ssl portion that appears not right:

python -c "import ssl; print(ssl.get_default_verify_paths())"
DefaultVerifyPaths(cafile='/etc/pki/tls/cert.pem', capath='/etc/pki/tls/certs', openssl_cafile_env='SSL_CERT_FILE', openssl_cafile='/tmp/python--------------------------------------------please-run-the-install-script--------------------------------------------/cert.pem', openssl_capath_env='SSL_CERT_DIR', openssl_capath='/tmp/python--------------------------------------------please-run-the-install-script--------------------------------------------/certs')

Thanks to anyone who can give me a hint on how to fix this!

Dan

grahams
ActiveState Staff
Wed, 2019-04-10 15:55

At least not easily.

What it indicates is that a portion of the installer script dealing with the relocation of binary files to the target folder didn't work.

That could be due to installing to an illegal target folder. Is there anything in the name of the folder that can't be represented in the system's default code page?