Viewing numpy variables in python3/Komodo11

Posted by eesnyder on 2017-10-26 00:37

I recently ported my code to Python3 and upgraded to Komodo11. One of these things had a big impact on the way that numpy variables are displayed. For example, any ndarray type now shows a whole bunch of extra information in addition to the data I specifically assigned to the variable. When the variable is expanded I see 'T', 'base', 'ctypes', etc., etc., and many of these appear to be recursive, repeatedly expanding to the same thing. ...and this has nothing to do with displaying hidden variables.

What exactly am I seeing here? Is this a new feature of Komodo11, a Komodo bug, or a feature/bug of Python3? Some of the new data is potentially useful but it is all too much for normal use. Is there any way to turn it off?

I am seeing this with my Windows installation. I've been trying to go back to see how things looked with python3 and Komodo10 on a spare linux box but I've got the installations so buggered up now I'm going to need to start over. As you can see, it has got me a little freaked out.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can you explain it to me?

Many Thanks,
eesnyder@eesnyder.org