Windows 10 License Installer does nothing?

Posted by stehannan1 on 2017-05-09 11:01
Forums: License installers | OS: Windows 10

I have been attempting to install my license for Komodo IDE to my windows 10 computer but whenever I attempt to run the installer nothing happens other than the .exe being removed from my computer. I tried to verify that the license was installed by checking in this location C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\ActiveState\ActiveState.lic as this link shows where it is https://community.activestate.com/faq/where-my-activestate-lice. But, once I navigate to there I can only get to C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\ActiveState\ and then the only files or folders there are a Komodo IDE folder and then a 'setup info' file.

Any idea why?

grahams
ActiveState Staff
Wed, 2017-05-10 07:34

"... the .exe being removed from my computer."

This is NOT normal behaviour for the installer. It will not remove itself. Something else is acting on the installer to remove it. Just about the only class of "something else" that can remove a .exe file is AntiVirus software. Disable the AV you are running.

stehannan1 | Wed, 2017-05-10 09:51

Confirmed as AntiVirus blocking it. I had that thought shortly after posting this and once I removed it from the quarantine area from my AV it was allowed to run and my license installed.