Problems installing IMSL Library for PyNL

Posted by am332215 on 2017-02-10 14:55

I have windows 7
All PyNL prerequisites are installed and working properly (I have Python 2.7.11, pip version 9.0.1, NumPy 1.11.3, SciPy 0.18.1)
I Downloaded the installation file to a temporary folder
When I Open a command prompt and enter:

pip install
I get the following :

"Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement downloaded
No matching distribution found for downloaded"

When I Open a command prompt and enter:

pip install imsl-1.0_eval-cp27-none-win_amd64.whl

I get the following :

"Requirement 'imsl-1.0_eval-cp27-none-win_amd64.whl' looks like a filename, but the file does
not exist
imsl-1.0_eval-cp27-none-win_amd64.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform."

When I execute the following statements in the Python interpreter:

>>> import imsl.timeseries.garch as garch
I get
"Traceback in <> --> 1 import
imsl.timeseries.garch as garch
Import Error: No module named imsl.timeseries.garch"

Can you help ?

EDIT

System properties : "Windows 7 64-bit OS with an Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU Processor"

After running pip from corresponding temporary folder the only error message I get is
"imsl-1.0_eval-cp27-none-win_amd64.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform."

I'm still confused about what I'm doing wrong

i-shenl
ActiveState Staff
Mon, 2017-02-13 10:09

The second error says that this wheel was not installed. The first error is suggesting that pip can't find the wheel that you downloaded. Did you run pip from the folder that this imsl was downloaded to or point pip at that folder?

Also, the wheel's filename suggests that it's for a Windows 64-bit platform. If your Win7 is 32-bit then it won't work.

am332215 | Mon, 2017-02-13 13:15

After I run pip from the folder that imsl was downloaded to

I get one error message which is :
'imsl-1.0_eval-cp27-none-win_amd64.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform.'

What do I do wrong ?

I don't get this message anymore : 'imsl-1.0_eval-cp27-none-win_amd64.whl' looks like a filename, but the file does not exist'

Thank you