PPM ERROR ppm install failed: DBD::SQLite::db selectrow_array failed:

Posted by skelton_c on 2017-01-24 09:38
Forums: PPM | OS: Windows 7

I just installed ActivePerl-5.24.1.2402-MSWin32-x64-401627.exe on Windows 7 as administrator.
Hidden files are enabled for viewing.

I need MIME-Lite and am trying to install the module using PPM.

Command 'ppm install MIME-Lite' reports error as follows:

C:\Perl64>ppm install MIME-Lite
Downloading ActiveState Package Repository dbimage...done
ppm install failed: DBD::SQLite::db selectrow_array failed: file is encrypted or
is not a database

Located ActivePerl and I deleted folder "2402" (this was the only directory found under ActivePerl): Users\Cuser\AppData\Local\ActiveState\ActivePerl\2402

This did not help or hurt. Re-running the command - restored the files. But, I'm getting the exact same error.

Is anyone using this 5.24.1.2402 - via msi installer on win 7 and have they been able to use PPM?

Thanks!

grahams
ActiveState Staff
Wed, 2017-01-25 11:12

Either:
Set up an alternate PPM install location with PERL5LIB and use a folder your UserID can control
http://docs.activestate.com/activeperl/5.24/faq/ActivePerl-faq2.html#cre...
or:
Try taking your computer off your work network and running PPM from home (if you're allowed to do that). Getting off a restricted network allows your system to create a local cache, which it can then manage.

That message can come from an SQLite database version conflict, but that would have been cleared up by what you tried.

We've had a couple of instances of this message that also didn't respond to the old treatment. This cluster of reports appear to be coupled to running on Enterprise versions of Windows with restrictive Group Policies and/or Roaming Profiles shared over network mounts and multiple systems. We can't reproduce these setups in the lab.