ActivePerl Business Edition Silver

Posted by rparital on 2016-11-08 08:26

Hello,

I'd a ActivePerl community edition installs on Windows(TEST server), and just purchased Business Edition license. But I'm a bit unclear about converting Community edition to Business edition, because when i did Perl install, just ran .exe file and don’t remember the install asking for a License key. And I couldn’t find any documentation on Perl license activation, Do I need to uninstall existing one, and re-install Business edition? Please advice.

Thanks,
Ram

grahams
ActiveState Staff
Tue, 2016-11-08 10:26

You do not need to remove and re-install when you add a Business Edition license.

Business Edition is a senior license. It adds a new license that over-rides the free license that Community Edition installs.

Nothing else changes, except that PPM can test for the presence of a Business Edition license key. If you are connecting to a PPM server that offers Business-Edition-only content, PPM will continue if it finds a Business Edition license key and will abort the download if it does not.

See this FAQ for related information:
https://community.activestate.com/faq/PPM401error
If you install the Business Edition license and still get a "401" from the PPM servers, you need to use a newer ActivePerl.

rparital | Tue, 2016-11-08 11:24

Thank you very much for quick response, but it did not ask for license when I installed Community Edition and not sure where can I find it. Can you please send me the instructions on how to download the license key and how to install it on the server.

Thanks,
Ram

grahams
ActiveState Staff
Wed, 2016-11-09 10:16

The Community Edition license is a click-thru agreement that is presented when the installer runs. Since it's free, it can install automatically if you agree to the terms when the installer runs.

https://community.activestate.com/faq/license-installation-key-

Instructions for a Business Edition license are sent out from the ActiveState Retail store when the license is purchased. Check your spam or confirm that you have been set up as the "End User" by whoever has been delegated as your License Administrator.